Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?

Article about: Hi everyone The shell should be the original M42 but the liner and chinstrap seem the post war added. Not sure if the paint is original or post war. Please advise thanks.

Default Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?

Hi everyone
    The shell should be the original M42 but the liner and chinstrap seem the post war added. Not sure if the paint is original or post war. Please advise thanks.

Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Original M-42 with post war liner & chinstrap?
    P
    Many

what stamps are in the helmet.

The liner leather is not wartime German IMO. It looks to have had metal grommets removed from the eyelets at the tips of the fingers.

Hi , looks to me that it is an original shell that has had a fake liner and chinstrap added. The paint looks original to me. Leon.

Thanks everyone.
    As for the marks, It is marked I believe ckl64, with a production number of 5295.

Quote by kevin710 View Post
    Thanks everyone.
    As for the marks, It is marked I believe ckl64, with a production number of 5295.
    Hi , all around that lot number(dozens either direction) the helmets are listed as no decal slate grey. Leon.

Hi Leon
    wow, how can you find its original issue info by the lot number? So this shell has the original slate grey paint on it with no doubt right? I really appreciate your expertise knowledge.

Hi Leon
    wow, how can you find its original issue info by the lot number? So this shell has the original slate grey paint on it with no doubt right? I really appreciate your expertise knowledge.
    Hi , there is a book produced by Brian Ice that lists as many known original helmets by their model make and lot number. It is on going research and by no means a complete list but it is a very useful guide. Lot numbers are not branch of service specific as in some cases a batch of helmets could be separated at factory level and sent to any unit(SS/HEER/LUFTWAFFE/KRIEGSMARINE, etc),but on the whole a single batch of the same lot number ended up in the same service branch. Brian is a member on here and may be able to tell you more. As for the paintwork , you just need experience in looking at helmets to know if it is original or not , the lot number would still be readable if it was painted last week! Yours has original paint, Leon.

?

Thanks everyone.
    It's probably a fake decal that's been on the helmet and scraped away. It's not a German period liner or strap either.

ET are the only helmet maker whose lot numbers are sequential therefore you can hypothesize a date from when it was made, and lot numbers this high are typically no decal.

Hi Leon
    Thanks a lot for your valuable information. I will try to find the book you mentioned. I really appreciate your great help.

Doug: Thanks for your advise about the decal. I think your are right. I will check it again.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast