Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Orininal or fake SS helmet

Article about: Hi folks.. would appreciate peoples opinions on whether these two SS helmets are genuine or fake.. Photos they gave me are not the best..

?

Default Orininal or fake SS helmet

Hi folks.. would appreciate peoples opinions on whether these two SS helmets are genuine or fake.. Photos they gave me are not the best..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Orininal or fake SS helmet   Orininal or fake SS helmet  

Orininal or fake SS helmet   Orininal or fake SS helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Orininal or fake SS helmet
    P
    Many

I think the fact that the seller sends you pics of the decal at odd angles is a clue that its not a good one, and the liner looks to be a post war norwegian issue.

Hi, even from these poor photo's I would say that is a fake Pocher style decal and quite possibly a Norwegian dyed liner as Blackdog states. Leon.

Bad for above stated reasons.

?

Thanks again, appreciate the info. I need to do more research on the decals.

Sorry, it's no good.

?

I've been reading DougB and Real steal threads on fake SS decals which were very informative and thanks to them I think I have found two genuine SS helmets.. Just waiting on more photos to be sent over which I will upload for other peoples views.. thanks for all the replies again folks.

Post good pics, not like these prior pics. You need close ups (macro) setting on a camera preferred on the decal & pics of entire helmet. Quality pics are needed, if not, it will be a waste of time & you won't get concrete opinions. If they are indeed original SS helmets, tell the seller you want good pics. If he does not have a digital camera , tell him to borrow one & macro set the pics of the decal. Then maybe it can be assessed.

These, if they are real should set you back a few thousand dollars, least the seller can do for you is provide discernible pics.