Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Out of collection SS helmet with chicken wire

Article about: Hi Guys, looking at the whole collection trying to determine authenticity of the helmets. ET 64 stamp... Please advise Thx Lakeman

Default Out of collection SS helmet with chicken wire

Hi Guys,

looking at the whole collection trying to determine authenticity of the helmets.

Out of collection SS helmet with chicken wireOut of collection SS helmet with chicken wireOut of collection SS helmet with chicken wire

ET 64 stamp...

Please advise

Thx Lakeman

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Out of collection SS helmet with chicken wire
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry...All bad! Fake decal (round bottom fake?)

A camo, wired SS helmet if real? Would be a down payment on a house
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, but to me the decal looks like a round bottom fake with artificial ageing.
    Do you have the lot number?
    Thanks
    Nick

EDIT - posted at the same time as MAP....

MAP
    ?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    I'm happy to be proved wrong on this, but to me the decal looks like a round bottom fake with artificial ageing.
    Do you have the lot number?
    Thanks
    Nick

EDIT - posted at the same time as MAP....
    Actually you were 3 min later than me Nick! LoL! Just busting your chops! Well done on your analysis.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

The fake aging to the decal does not help it's case either.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

all junk just like the others , hope the owner did not pay real prices and secondly I hope he told you they are all copies.

Quote by MAP View Post
    Actually you were 3 min later than me Nick! LoL! Just busting your chops! Well done on your analysis.
    Yeah, i spent some time looking at the decal and then other ET decals until i decided it definitely was a bad one.
    Actually i think it is quite easy to tell, but i didn't want to be 'that' person who gives wrong advice - it's always a continual learning process.
    Nick

Soldier of Fortune in the UK are selling these for £225 a pop, minus the chicken wire.

M42 Original Helmet with SS single decal

The consensus seems to be that they are original shells, but that everything else is a postwar embellishment. They seem to be rather popular with re-enactors.

B.B.

Quote by BrodieBartfast View Post
    Soldier of Fortune
    More like "soldier of misfortune"
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

In all fairness, they're not selling them as authentic SS helmets, although the way they word it alludes to the possibility of them being the real deal.

B.B.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast