Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

possibility???

Article about: Hi everyone...me again, So a friend of mine sent me a link for a helmet that's for sale...it's an SS M40 ET66 with an only partial decal on it...And as I know I can't tell if it's authentic

Default Possibility of an original M40 SS helmet??? would greatly appreciate opinions

Hi everyone...me again,
    So a friend of mine sent me a link for a helmet that's for sale...it's an SS M40 ET66 with an only partial decal on it...And as I know I can't tell if it's authentic or a fake I would like to ask for your opinions, moreover if it in fact is real what the value of it is??? the only additional Infos I have are that the helmet was painted black post war and that the paint has already been partially removed...
    Thanks in advance!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture possibility???   possibility???  

possibility???   possibility???  

possibility???  
    Last edited by ajk99US; 01-08-2015 at 06:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement possibility???
    P
    Many

I have serious doubts about that decal....
    Glenn

Yeah, I'm not sure about that decal but I'm not an SS decal expert..Any chance you've got the lot number and makers mark? That would help. ET or EF? could be make or break you know.....

How much are they asking or is it yours already? Shame about the liner being absent... why would someone do that to an SS helmet?

DougB or Frank (Schwerpunkt) should be able to clear this problem up for you pretty quickly.
    Last edited by Isle of Wighter; 01-08-2015 at 07:26 PM.

Thx for the info... It's an M40 ET66 lot number 578 and no it is not mine yet...the seller is asking 500$ for it I agree it's ashame about the liner...

No way for $500...No way Jose'...
    cheers, Glenn

The lot number and makers mark I find quite interesting...... but I wouldn't pay $500 for it. It's had a repaint, partial strip and is missing a liner. There are nicer helmets out there around the $500 mark IMHO.

You're both right...I think 500$ is too much ...taking into consideration the condition issues but if the SS decal is real I'm still interested in it. There's always a possibility of discussing the price... But further opinions are needed
    regards AJK

The decal looks, to me, looks like a combination of two ET style SS decals. Notice the more pronounced curve on the right hand side of the decal compared to the left? That may or may not have something to do with the post war over paint. But I'm seeing little red flags waving.. Like I said, wait for DougB, his SS collection would make your eyes water.... see below.

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/ss-he...-0-a-305686-1/

Alright...thanks a bunch! I see what you mean...about the decal, moreover I do see the milkier white of the shield which is a characteristic of the ET decals...hard to say...

Shame about the state; not commenting on the decal but most of the M40 ET SS helmets have low lot numbers as i heard. There is a lot number 579 KM, and a lot no.579 SS in the GHW2 database; so there is a good chance on this one.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast