Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Possible Waffen SS polizei

Article about: Hello, i am new on this forum, I have a M35 DD helmet, found in the ground off Belguim, when i bought it on a militairia (market), excuus for grammatical i am Dutch, it shows the a mark off

Benno
    ?

Default Possible Waffen SS polizei

Hello, i am new on this forum,

I have a M35 DD helmet, found in the ground off Belguim, when i bought it on a militairia (market), excuus for grammatical i am Dutch, it shows the a mark off a left decal. I bought it. When i cleaned the helmet with household products a richt decal appiret. I thought waffen SS. A few months later, i showed the helmet on the Dutch WW2 war site and i brought the helmet back to the market again. On the site the response is neutral and on the militairia market they said probbilly SS polizei. All the people said i can not claim it SS, butt the showed their respect for this M35. (strange).

If you can see, the right decal sown some rune and have a black stripe on the outside off the decal, the helmet is "Appegroen".
    I know, the pictures could be better, butt i try.
    Please can you help me, greetings, Mark, from Holland.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Possible Waffen SS polizei   Possible Waffen SS polizei  

Possible Waffen SS polizei   Possible Waffen SS polizei  

Possible Waffen SS polizei   Possible Waffen SS polizei  

2. # ADS

Default Re: Possible Waffen SS polizei

hey there nice lid
    quess there is a lot to discover on this one i am also in to bad chaped helmets and have recoverd some of it
    dont have the money yet and starting small
    welcome here

?

Welcome Benno, I am afraid I do not see anything from these pics that indicates Waffen SS or a Polezei, this could be an M35 DD Heer as well. The white decal remnants appear to be the broken down remnants of the cellulose base found on all decals.

I would just classify this as an unknown service branch/relic.

Cheers
    Doug

Benno
    ?

Thanks for applying,

SS has a black stripe on the outskirt off the decal, do you see it?

greetings, Mark.

you mean 2nd pic on top of the decal?
    it is kinda hard to say

Quote by Benno View Post
    Thanks for applying,

SS has a black stripe on the outskirt off the decal, do you see it?

greetings, Mark.
    I think I am right in saying that it was the un-bordered decals that were attributed to the SS police. This is a nice "salty" helmet, but difficult to determine which branch it is from.

Benno
    ?

I know, butt it's dare, a great collector and sales man off German helmets, how saw my helmet at the market, is the only one how dears to say, that's a good one, nowone dears to say it. It's horrible for me! Iám confinst it is one. But proof it, to another, it's difficult. Greetings, Mark.

if you are convinced that it is one then what is the problem?
    you like it thats the importance

?

nice relic lid but not sure how anyone can tell what the decals were in this condition but the important thing is as long as your happy with that's all that matters not what other people think

?

Quote by Benno View Post
    I know, butt it's dare, a great collector and sales man off German helmets, how saw my helmet at the market, is the only one how dears to say, that's a good one, nowone dears to say it. It's horrible for me! Iám confinst it is one. But proof it, to another, it's difficult. Greetings, Mark.
    I see what might be the remnant of a border but then would expect to see the same remnant of a rune in the top right area of the decal remnant. If you have louped the decal remnant and see any pulver that might be more of a determining factor as the pictures to me aren't conclusive enough to determine if it is a WSS helmet or not.

Why is it horrible? It is a relic of history, no matter what service branch this helmet was assigned to. It isn't worth a nickel more being an ex-SS relic or an ex-Heer helmet if that is your angle.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast