Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Post your SS helmet collection

Article about: I thought it would be a great idea to start a thread on SS helmet collections. If you only have two or even one helmet then no worries! We would still love to see what you have! Here's mine!

?

Default Re: Post your SS helmet collection

I would love to see photos of these pawned SS items. Would be interesting to see what SS items that are yet to be discovered.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Post your SS helmet collection
    P
    Many

?

Quote by helmetone View Post
    Perhaps Hell holds a special place for pawn dealers. I know they have to "make a profit" but $1K for a DD SS lid (assuming it's genuine) from a vet is just wrong on soooo many levels.
    That unfortunately, is the world we live in, everyone wants a good deal, but again its really up to a person selling an item to get some idea as to a true value before a negotiation, for the pawn broker, he's laughing all the way to the bank(provided its real), for the seller, he thinks he's made a good deal because he's got 1k in his pocket, but then again if someone says to you they are willing to pay that amount for a helmet you can bet your last dollar that its worth a hell of a lot more, especially when dealing with a pawn shop, they have to have a fast turnover to make a living so normally it wouldnt stay in the shop for long, add on the dealers mark up and you've got instant profit, and normally that mark up is 100%, personally i would never even consider walking into a pawn shop for anything, in my mind ,and judging from the programme Pawn Stars, they are a bunch of coniving shysters and ive met quite a few and arrested some in the past

?

Quote by davejb View Post
    It really is a superb collection that Doug has and he's such a generous person because my birthdays coming up soon and he's so thoughtful, and did i say generous, caring, decent human being, humorous, did i say generous, etc etc

IMO - Doug's collection is a retirement nest egg for all of us. I would retire and buy a dust brush and every once in awhile dust that collection and get another beer -
    Fantastic collection!!!!

?

Quote by mdk220 View Post
    IMO - Doug's collection is a retirement nest egg for all of us. I would retire and buy a dust brush and every once in awhile dust that collection and get another beer -
    Fantastic collection!!!!
    Funny you mention that, I noticed Dougs collection is dust free. I could picture him dusting his lids every night "humming" music.

Dusting is very important. You dont want roaches riding doom buggies across your room at 3am in the f**king morning.

Wow Doug, I was told that you had a great collection of helmets. "Stunning" is a better word to describe that photo.
    Congrats,
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

?

Thanks Ralph its a labor of love, or insanity, pick one. Samir, I dont dust as often as I should, but do enjoy it when I do.

This fellow buying from 1 pawn star, is living very very dangerously in my opinion if he is buying SS items. 35 years in pawning televisions and cassette recorders does not an SS helmet expert make. Just my 2 cents.

Quote by davejb View Post
    That unfortunately, is the world we live in, everyone wants a good deal, but again its really up to a person selling an item to get some idea as to a true value before a negotiation, for the pawn broker, he's laughing all the way to the bank(provided its real), for the seller, he thinks he's made a good deal because he's got 1k in his pocket, but then again if someone says to you they are willing to pay that amount for a helmet you can bet your last dollar that its worth a hell of a lot more, especially when dealing with a pawn shop, they have to have a fast turnover to make a living so normally it wouldnt stay in the shop for long, add on the dealers mark up and you've got instant profit, and normally that mark up is 100%, personally i would never even consider walking into a pawn shop for anything, in my mind ,and judging from the programme Pawn Stars, they are a bunch of coniving shysters and ive met quite a few and arrested some in the past
    I agree completely. I love a great bargain, especially when dealing with dealers. But, when I buy from veterans or their immediate family who have inherited their war items, I try to give them a fair price, or direct them to someone who can (if the item is worth more than I can afford at the time, or if I can work out a "lay away" plan with them!) Now if the family members tell me they don't care one bit about the items and just want them gone, in that case, game on for the lowest price I can get, but I make them give me the first price offer. In reference to pawn shops, I have been in the Pawn Stars shop in Vegas and let me tell you, their prices are INSANE. I honestly think they make more selling their bobbleheads than they do reselling items people have sold to them. Arrested a few, eh? We got something in common.

Can you show the first helmet?

Kind regards
    Basti

...the first helmet in the shelf. The transitional helmet.

Late joining this thread. Have just the one SS-helmet to show, an RZM pattern transitional.

Post your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collectionPost your SS helmet collection

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast