Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Prinz Eugen SS volunteer helmet decal

Article about: There's one of these helmets with the black background and white ss letters on pawn stars UK

Default Prinz Eugen SS volunteer helmet decal

Hey guys,

I just came across this interesting poster featuring a 7th SS Volunteer Mountain Division Prinz Eugen soldier. The helmet on his back has a decal variation I have never seen before. It is a borderless black shield with SS runes.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Prinz Eugen SS volunteer helmet decal
    P
    Many

Default Re: Prinz Eugen SS volunteer helmet decal

I think the maker just did that out of lazyness. Maybe he thought nowone would look at such decals.

- Bas

?

It's a painting in which the painter has the details incorrect as well as the perspective. That said there is a white on black SS decal with a border ( and round bottom ! ) from the 33-34 era.

It's a painting??!!?? It looks like a real photograph on a poster to me. Here is the link for a better look http://www.liveauctioneers.com/item/...eugen-recruiti

Whoever this artist is must be the master of painting, because this looks really lifelike and in the old 1940s photographic style too.

?

The decal certainly appears as is a painting and I suspect added on for effect. It doesnt look realistic at all and the perspective is wrong, so is the shape of the letters. I suspect this photograph (if it is one) is touched up, colorized at the very least.

Quote by DougB View Post
    The decal certainly appears as is a painting and I suspect added on for effect. It doesnt look realistic at all and the perspective is wrong, so is the shape of the letters. I suspect this photograph (if it is one) is touched up, colorized at the very least.
    That is a good point, I didn't think that it could have been colorized. Interesting why they would have added a decal, a nonexistent one. I'm pretty sure this is an authentic poster, the thin newspaper like paper is correct for the period, and the age, coloring, folds, etc are all good.

?

The effect of a white shield with black runes was maybe lost and so went with white on black, or the artist simply didnt know and used artistic licence to convey it?

?

Thats a great looking poster.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Thats a great looking poster.
    Does that mean I'm going to have to bid against you now? lol Just kidding, I'm actually not going for this one. There are a few more that are going up for sale this weekend. One is an SS Nord Division recruitment poster, the other an SS Adolf Hitler Division recruitment poster. I'm laying down all I got on one of them!!!!

?

I love posters, and they make great collectibles, but i'm more into helmets.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast