Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Quest to find a nice example

Article about: Hi folks. I am completed new to the forum. Been looking in for the sidelines from time to time and decided to chain. I have been extremely struck with the genuine helpfulness of members and

Default Quest to find a nice example

Hi folks. I am completely new to the forum. Been looking in from the sidelines from time to time and decided to join. I have been extremely struck with the genuine helpfulness of members and their knowledge on the subject. I was an SS collector back in the 80’s but over a long period of time I became completely disillusioned with the increasing amount of fake helmets and other artefacts appearing on the market. When the so called notable dealers started selling fake helmets and being complicit in the act of trickery I decided to bail out. The wave of champagne decals appearing which were sadly bought up by unsuspecting collectors. But it all goes back to knowing your subject I guess. So after all these year I have been bitten by the bug again. So I have now been taking my time and looking at various dealers web sites etc. Trying to get my eye back in and sorting out the good from the bad. I have decided on a nice M42 helmet with late style runes ( ET) decal on perhaps a CKL . It’s been quite fun so far and I have met some genuinely helpful and interesting people along the way. Best wishes. Any advice would be most welcome ����

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Quest to find a nice example
    P
    Many

We all love to find nice SS helmets at nice prices , even those whom already own a couple.
    If you are looking for one but are not sure just post it up for review.

Some useful information on SS helmets and decals you can find here on my website.
    SS decals – A short guide – German Helmet Vault

Sincere thanks :-)

MAP
    ?

Besides Frank's link, all I can say is don't rush and always post for opinions before you buy.

But sounds like you are a seasoned collector and know this already...just coming out of retirement
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Hello again and welcome to the forum proper!! Leon.

thanks again guys.