Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Real of fake ss?

Article about: i hope you guys dont get feddup with this forum with people takeing the piss all time. ive lernt a lot on here and got some realy good help here that i would have found it hard to get else w

Default Re: Real of fake ss?

i hope you guys dont get feddup with this forum with people takeing the piss all time. ive lernt a lot on here and got some realy good help here that i would have found it hard to get else were. i am so greatfull to all the help i have got

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Me too. We try to have respectable and educational discussions, and the 'Is it real
    or fake ?' followed by 'So how much is it worth ?' threads do get tiresome.

Most of the time, a quick search of the internet is all that is required to find an
    instant answer. I don't like to discourage young folk from the hobby, but
    knowledge of the subject can be better realised by doing the bulk of the
    research by yourself - as most of us 'old timers' had to do.........!
    Regards,

Steve.

?

Hello Kyle
    While not strictly a helmet guy I still regularly look at the helmet forum. A lot of these helmets that you show
    appear on the same backdrop. i.e. a wooden railing. Are they from the same seller, or do you actually own them?

Regards
    Brett

I would of said some background info but there wasnt any. I though that it looked good. It was $600. here is that link and this is all i had on it...... german helmet
    Also, I had posted before I went to bed. Anybody that posted, thanks......

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I sent Kyle a PM regarding the Barrage of real or fake 2 weeks ago when he first appeared,, but it seems he has not changed his position, in giving any details at all of how any of it was acquired. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind and after awhile his postings and integrity will not carry any weight. Throwing stones at cars comes to mind also just to get a reaction. These threads are becoming dull. Regards Larry

By the way, all of the information I have is a picture and a description which is 3 sentences long

?

Kyle, part of German helmet hunting is knowing where to look and arming yourself with some remedial knowledge vs looking in all the wrong places (like Craigs List) in the hope that a deal appears to be offered by someone as uneducated selling off a real one for 1/10th of the market price. Sellers these days use the thing called the internet to see what the market is, and price accordingly whereas fakers use the internet to scam a sucker lookimg for a deal with a much lower than market price.

So some really good advice, stop wasting your time posting up junk helmets from terrible sources, and hit the books and spend some time doing research here (read the SS decal article for example and your answer would have been readily apparent) and at GHW. Buy a no decal lid for a few hundred to get the feel of one then a cheap Heer, Police and LW to study decals and composition and paint wear and liners and vents and liner pins, etc etc etc.

Only then should you venture out and buy SS lids and only from good sources.

It's a patient and educated mans hobby.

With due respect,

Doug

If you spend a lot of time on the forum, you will pick up on all proper ways to tell if a helmet is original. Doug's SS decal thread on the homepage is a good start. It is okay to ask about the helmet, I would have done the same in your shoes, but not until after studying it myself and comparing it with similar helmets posted in past threads. It isn't right to have others do all the work for you. Just keep some of these things in mind next time you post.

Quote by Larry C View Post
    I sent Kyle a PM regarding the Barrage of real or fake 2 weeks ago when he first appeared,, but it seems he has not changed his position, in giving any details at all of how any of it was acquired. The boy who cried wolf comes to mind and after awhile his postings and integrity will not carry any weight. Throwing stones at cars comes to mind also just to get a reaction. These threads are becoming dull. Regards Larry
    Larry-
    I also corresponded with him regarding his lack of trying to educate himself. Another case of lazy collecting when an individual wants all the research done by others and is too lazy to try and learn anything on his own. Yawn!!!
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

I agree Larry, this is getting very old.

Eric
    [h=3]e plu·ri·bus u·num[/h]

Would it be better if I just left the form just to make you guys happy?!?!?!?!?!!?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast