Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake SS helmet shell

Article about: I'm posting the only photos the seller has of this shell, worry not I'm not spending any money on it, rather I want to use this as an educational piece for myself. The shell looks legit enou

Default Re: Real or Fake SS helmet shell

Some wise words chris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake SS helmet shell
    P
    Many

?

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    I know, sorry this is the best I can get.
    Walk away. Would you meet a woman with a faraway picture of her face and a close up of her feet?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Walk away. Would you meet a woman with a faraway picture of her face and a close up of her feet?
    Depends what you are into

Quote by John Brandon View Post
    That's a fair comment, but be careful who's pictures you "nick"
    If you want to find the difference between a real decal and a fake one, look at the main player dealer sites, and read Kelly Hick's book at least, however, as I'm sure others will tell you "hands on and experience is the correct way
    I have one SS lid already, it was verified here but that decal is pretty clear, this is not so much.

I have one real helmet of each basic branch of service (and a few civic helmets)- except the KM & Fallschirmjäger, but there are so many different versions and variations. I have access to a few others here or there but I'm just trying to get better at spotting the trouble and discerning the real historical pieces. That is why I posted this to see how I'm progressing. I've been adjusting my collecting to Helmets 1st over the last 3 years, I'd rather not get taken and since everyone here is willing to help I wanted to see what the masses thought.

I shall look into the book suggested- thanks!

"Nick"? How is that word being used?

Quote by DougB View Post
    HAhahaha!

Thanks for the advice, again this is not a purchase I want to make, I was using this for educational purposes only, these pictures was all I had to go by- I never intended to put money down but ascertain if it was actually a real relic or a fake.

Worry not, was not putting $$ on the line.

"Nick"? How is that word being used?
    It's English slang for 'pinch' (or is that English slang as well?) - To take without owners consent

Chris

Quote by radidas View Post
    It's English slang for 'pinch' (or is that English slang as well?) - To take without owners consent

Chris
    Ahhhh, got it.

This is one of Pawel Nowacks "pinched Photographs" .......... run the opposite direction!!!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Pinched- Nicked.....swiped, snatched, lifted.....how else can one get intel if we do not own the actual images- ha!

There is no way that all the "help" posts posted here own the photo rites.....there are tons of ebay pics posted here that people swipe to get advice on.

*Seriously- if it's a legal issue I surely do not want to offend so how do I go about getting proper pictures to post?

Thank you in advance for the help

?

*Seriously- if it's a legal issue I surely do not want to offend so how do I go about getting proper pictures to post?

Thank you in advance for the help

Not sure your question? Have you read the pinned threads on SS decals and how to acquire an SS helmet both in this section btw?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast