Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Real or Fake SS helmet shell

Article about: I'm posting the only photos the seller has of this shell, worry not I'm not spending any money on it, rather I want to use this as an educational piece for myself. The shell looks legit enou

Default Real or Fake SS helmet shell

I'm posting the only photos the seller has of this shell, worry not I'm not spending any money on it, rather I want to use this as an educational piece for myself.

The shell looks legit enough, closer to relic status in it's pitted rusting (but it's old aged rust not new red/orange rust), the SS decal looks to me to be aged in time with the helmet and it also looks like a second SS decal was placed onto the original as I have see done before, there is also a removed decal on the opposite side which would go with later war regulations of no second national party decals.

I'm concerned that the SS decal looks a bit too white in color but it can be a bad pic.

I'm no expert on Decals by any means so again I want to use this as a educational tool as there is no danger of me losing $$ on it, just not buying it.

I'm 65% feeling it can be a legit SS shell, but if I'm wrong please explain why it is not so I know in the future what details to zero in on- thanks all!

*Note these are the only photos available.

**Ha- I just noticed that this helmet has a hole in the back- poss target practice.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Real or Fake SS helmet shell   Real or Fake SS helmet shell  

Real or Fake SS helmet shell   Real or Fake SS helmet shell  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Real or Fake SS helmet shell
    P
    Many

Default Re: Real or Fake SS helmet shell

close up of the decal would be great to have, but for some reason it looks off.

I know, sorry this is the best I can get.

?

It looks that there are 2 decals on top each other. Better pics would make that clear...

To me it looks like there's another decal underneath?

possible SS decal on top of SS decal.

These photos are useless, politely ask the seller for a close up of the decal. If he says no to you, then say no to him.

I tried, it's ok as I have said I'm not buying but trying to see what everyone thought and if I was getting better at spotting trouble from afar.

Quote by 1stCTHeavyArtillery View Post
    I tried, it's ok as I have said I'm not buying but trying to see what everyone thought and if I was getting better at spotting trouble from afar.
    That's a fair comment, but be careful who's pictures you "nick"
    If you want to find the difference between a real decal and a fake one, look at the main player dealer sites, and read Kelly Hick's book at least, however, as I'm sure others will tell you "hands on and experience is the correct way

It would raise concern with me that the seller has supplied close-ups of the lot numbers and not the decal.

What would the be the first photo you would supply if you were trying to sell a legit SS shell?

Just my two cents,

Chris.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast