Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Is this a real SS parade helmet?

Article about: Hello everybody, me again... I bought yesterday this helmet from Berliner Auktionshaus, since it was listed as an SS parade helmet... Unfortunately I had then no enough time to think, becaus

Default Is this a real SS parade helmet?

Hello everybody, me again...

I bought yesterday this helmet from Berliner Auktionshaus, since it was listed as an SS parade helmet... Unfortunately I had then no enough time to think, because the auction was just ending.

Nevertheless, after to do some research about genuine parade helmets, this one looks more a fiberglass fire brigade helmet with added SS and party decals

What is the opinion of the Forum experts about it? I need to know asap, since I received already the invoice.

Many thanks in advance and very best regards,

Jose

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Is this a real SS parade helmet?
    P
    Many

You must have a lot of money at your disposal. Great isn't it?

'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

No.

Hello SSamir, thank you! In your opinion is it a period fire brigade helmet? A postwar helmet? Or...?

?

Jose, your going too fast, you need to slow down. Next time you see an SS you like just post it up for review before you buy, and if it's last minute, let it go, there will be others. I admire your passion for the hobby, but your going about it the wrong way. Good luck my friend.

Regards
    Samir

?

The helmet itself looks to be the period, but the rest (paint, decals, etc) are all post war i'm afraid.

Samir

Not at all Big Ned , but it could be ok, since Berliner Auktionshaus specializes in German Militaria. Yesterday I had really no time to do a research prior of bidding, it seem that once again I was unlucky! Will be waiting for more comments. If it prove to be a fake or fantasy helmet I obviously refuse to pay for it...

Do well heed the voices here as concern all SS regalia, since there is much knowledge here found no where else. The SSamir is a well informed collector, as is Mr. Doug von B.
    Haste with SS regalia is always bad. This comment is in no way directed against a single source, but the demand for such items exceeds supply.

Hi SSamir,

Thank you for your friendly comments, you are 100% right, I need to slow down. I am very impulsive, not a good thing though. Again many thanks my friend!

Jose

?

Jose, no worries. Not sure how soon you want one, or your budget, but I just might be able to make it happen. I have a helmet in my collection I haven't had the time to advertise. Its an EF M42 SS with a very nice EF pattern decal. Here's a pic of it:

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast