Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Reichsfuhrer SS Staff - DD SS Q M35

Article about: Hello Doug , great to see you here , awesome lid , cheers Raymond

?

Default Reichsfuhrer SS Staff - DD SS Q M35

Thanks to Bob Coleman for passing along this forum information, it looks like a real winner. Here is my first post and hope there will be many more.

For your review is a helmet that if you own a copy of SS Steel you will recognize, ppg 201-204. For those who do not have that must have book here are some details of this amazing helmet.

The helmet is a Q66 M35 DD SS, lotnr 4287 that is perfectly dated 1939 on the liner, faded domestamp and the ROHM&KAMPMANN WUPPERTAL chinstrap and the steel liner pins are in the 39 transitory period out of brass rivets. The decals are classic factory applied Q runic and party decals which have been damaged by stacking or careless storage. Kelly writes in his book perhaps by defacing, however I understand the damage occured when the helmet was transported home with the veteran who liberated it.

SS Sturmbannfuhrer Alois Rehrl served on the personal staff of RFSS and was in this capacity at wars end. This helmet was captured in Berchtesgaden on May 5, 1945 by a member of the 506 Para Btn, 101st Airborne Div (Screaming Eagles) and the research places Rehrl at Berchestgaden at wars end. There is no doubting that Rehrl would have served Himmler in his residence at the Berghof as the rank befits this status. Did this helmet come near the leader of the Das Schwarze Korps at some point, and others among the entourage of the little Corporal perhaps? Who knows, but if there was a helmet that could relay some stories, this would be it. Or perhaps it sat in Rehrl's locker. Whatever the unique history behind this Waffen SS helmet, it was stationed in the unofficial seat of power of Nazi Germany.

This is a personal favorite of mine (heck they all are...) given the history and provenance as well as who the former owner was and whom he served.

Cheers,
    Doug (SSTk)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reichsfuhrer SS Staff - DD SS Q M35
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reichsfuhrer SS Staff - DD SS Q M35

wow nice it is like finding the Shroud of Turin again

Doug
    Can I say welcome to the forum, and that is a stunning helmet, if that is the correct word.
    There are probably those here who have not heard of you, but your expertise will shine through, and I for one am looking forward to your posts

Hi Doug, first of all welcome to the forum! Great to have you here.

The helmet is, of course, one I recognise. It is simply stunning.

Cheers, Ade.

?

Doug, Welcome to the forum. Very nice helmet you have!
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Hi Doug, glad to see you here every time i see this lid my little old heart misses a beat i just love it, rgds Dave

Doug man! Nice to see you here buddy! Another fellow Canuck! YAY!
    What can I say about that helmet???? MAN - a real jaw dropper buddy. THat has to be one of your favorite lids. Means so much to have the provenance behind it! That one really talks!

History at its finest!
    Cheers!
    Rob

?

Doug a warm welcome to the forum

Many thanks for posting an iconic helmet amongst helmet collectors a fantastic historical piece,

Look forward to more of your posts,

regards

Paul
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Doug-
    Welcome to our merry little band! Your helmet is a wonderful start to what I am sure will be a long relationship with the guys at this forum.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

?

Gentlemen, thank you for the warm reception and the compliments. Nice to see some familiar faces and meet some new ones that I also know of by reputation but have not had the pleasure until now.
    I look forward to a new (for me) and exciting forum!
    Cheers - Doug

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast