Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

reissue m35 SS

Article about: Asking for a friend on this one, it is said to have a cast iron provenance. It was given to me by the son-in-law of a WWII vet from Tennessee who served in the US Army in Europe post D-Day a

Default reissue m35 SS

Asking for a friend on this one, it is said to have a cast iron provenance.

It was given to me by the son-in-law of a WWII vet from Tennessee who served in the US Army in Europe post D-Day and into Germany. I may have the details of his unit somewhere.

The son in law (a good friend and colleague of mine) was given a dress bayonet, a tropical helmet and this helmet and, knowing my interest in things military - passed them on to me. I can check with him but at the time, some 5 or 6 years ago, I believe he told me they were things his father in law had brought back with him after the war and had been around as long as his wife could remember. The parents were downsizing and as my colleague is a historian these were passed to him. I can see if I can get more details.

Given this I don't really think I want to try and sell it -- but I would like to know its value so I can make sure it is properly taken care of -- It has sat in the bottom of a storage cupboard for the last three years!

I have asked for bigger pics and I'll add anything else when I can.

Perhaps these are good enough for some sort of appraisal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture reissue m35 SS   reissue m35 SS  

reissue m35 SS   reissue m35 SS  

Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement reissue m35 SS
    P
    Many

Hi Jerry ,as ever it's not possible to be 100% from these little pictures but I like it a lot! This looks to be a good re-issue with a Pocher decal , also you can see the "crazing" to the paint on the opposite side of the helmet where the Party decal will be underneath. I think your "rock solid" provenance stands up!! Leon

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Jerry ,as ever it's not possible to be 100% from these little pictures but I like it a lot! This looks to be a good re-issue with a Pocher decal , also you can see the "crazing" to the paint on the opposite side of the helmet where the Party decal will be underneath. I think your "rock solid" provenance stands up!! Leon
    Thanks Leon.

As I mentioned he does not want to sell it, rather wants to know its value and any other information for his records.

Some bigger pics he sent me, but sadly not of the decal.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture reissue m35 SS   reissue m35 SS  

reissue m35 SS  
    Regards,

Jerry

Looks good to me Jerry, unlacquered Pocher as Leon says. I'd say around $5/$6k if it checks out?

Is Doug still around here? Not seen him in a while.

Hi Jerry , as for value it is the usual "what somebody is willing to pay" but I would guess a fair ball park figure would be £3,500 there or there about , maybe a touch more to the right collector. Leon.

Quote by KradSpam View Post
    Looks good to me Jerry, unlacquered Pocher as Leon says. I'd say around $5/$6k if it checks out?

Is Doug still around here? Not seen him in a while.
    Thanks mate.

Doug is having some time out from here, but I expect he is around. I still have contact with him on GHW2.

- - ------- - -

Quote by FALLSCHIRMJAGER View Post
    Hi Jerry , as for value it is the usual "what somebody is willing to pay" but I would guess a fair ball park figure would be £3,500 there or there about , maybe a touch more to the right collector. Leon.
    Thanks Leon, that is the sort of value I thought it would have.
    Regards,

Jerry

I'm never 100% on SS decals but I actually like this entire helmet. Good for your friend. I think he has a great helmet from the family. That's cool.

Ahh, I felt something was wrong after a few recent threads. I hope things improve and he comes back, we are much poorer without him on the forum.

Sorry for giving my estimate in dollars by the way. I think in USD for helmets, no idea why I just find it easier

?

Looks legit to me. A field reissue with the expected CA Pocher decal. Estimated value (IMO), $5K area.

Samir

?

It looks like it has had a camo cover or wire. Look at photo 2