Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Relic SS ET64

Article about: This relic SS lid has been covered before in my SS collection thread but DougB has requested a dedicated thread in this forum and who am I to refuse? The helmet was purchased some years ago

Default Re: Relic SS ET64

Me too , it looks as though the conditions it has been in have tainted the coloration / shape etc !

The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement

Hi Glenn thanks for showing the entire helmet. Yes I suspect as Paul that conditions and photo angle have distorted the shield shape, if you look carefully you can see the "tip" of the bottom shield. Note the left side of the decal and the break of the shield is very distorted. What caused me to think it might be an NS (Champagne) style decal was what looked like sharper print and hard breaks to the shield but alas and alack it is simply distorition caused by the elements, age, and the photo.

Good ET decal on this.

Note for those comparing the shield border thickness on the ET, the pre-1940 decals have a thicker shield than post 1940 ET decals. One of the many small anomalies with decals such as SS.

The color can change, due sometimes the areas where the helmets survived was burried, also shown decal makes the rounded bottom and longer look, due the last layer of the decal are fall, and we can see the mixed look of both decals, the first one which is underneath with the last layer of a decal

my Skype: warrelics

Well, here's where she lives now. On display in front of my relic SS collection of erkenungsmarken, adler, scull and button.

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	IMG_9000.jpg 
Views:	26 
Size:	310.7 KB 
ID:	551369

The girl is not a relic.

Nein! Das ist meine frau!

(Who, although I suspect would look quite fetching in an SS lid, will no doubt prove 'problematic' should I try to convince her to 'pop it on')

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12