Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Relic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon Norge

Article about: This is my relic SS M40, recovered from the bottom of the Hasselmann Hill by the shores of the Kappanez lake in (probably) 2009. Most probably thrown out/lost by a soldier of the SS-Skijeger

Default Relic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon Norge

This is my relic SS M40, recovered from the bottom of the Hasselmann Hill by the shores of the Kappanez lake in (probably) 2009. Most probably thrown out/lost by a soldier of the SS-Skijegerbataljon while attempting to flee the onslaught of the overwhelming Russian forces on June 25th-26th in 1944... a battle that resulted in the largest single loss of any Norwegian squad during World War II.

The helmet has got an astonishing amount of apple green (?) paint left and the colour still remains remarkably shiny and vivid. The SS decal (ET style, as I have been told) has been all but absorbed by the steel so it almost looks as if painted on, but under magnification the pulver of the decal shines and twinkles with an amber like color. Lot number is a low number of 39.
    Despite it beng in great condition for a relic it has had some kind of minor splinter hit on the right side which has subsequently led to a large circular crack on top, probably due to frost/decades of extreme temperature fluctuations in all kinds of weather.

Relic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon NorgeRelic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon Norge

This is my only SS helmet and I'm still loving it -- hope you guys like it as well.

Relic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon Norge
    Last edited by slados28; 12-09-2013 at 10:47 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS M40 ET64 SS-Skijegerbataljon Norge
    P
    Many

I like it a lot , for a relic it is in pretty good order and the ET pattern decal is still very visable. A nice relic SS M40! Leon.

Who is taking out those split pins out? Why????

?

I like it a lot Andreas! So nice condition for being a relic.. Good job

Thank you for the kind comments guys!

bump?

Cool relic

Thanks!

As touched upon earlier it does not have its liner pins but I'm guessing these were gone by the time this helmet was recovered --- the liner band was only a complimentary addition from the seller and not original to this particular helmet.