Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

relic ss question

Article about: Hi guys, i do need and very much appreciate all the knowledge that is shared here and once again i need to ask for a final opinion(s). Despite a few rather hostile comments i find the majori

?

Default relic ss question

Hi guys, i do need and very much appreciate all the knowledge that is shared here and once again i need to ask for a final opinion(s). Despite a few rather hostile comments i find the majority here very patient with guys like me asking over and over again about this and this beeing real and whats the value etc. Things have happended though, i notice i´ve learned more then i thought just reading, asking and watching your threads, pictures and advices, and reading my first postings here i realize i grown a little bit in knowledge and very much in my thirst for genuine and only genuine collectibles. I used to buy some replicas knowing it was replicas, thinking i would never be able to afford the real deal. That is no longer an option, sure i still have a few items that im pretty sure it is some kind of fake but not 100% sure yet so i will get the opinion of you guys before i get rid of it, do not want to make any fatal mistake until im very sure!

Anyway, enough flattering you all now, please give your honest opinion on this helmet i got offered to buy. It supposed to have been bought at a site called germanwarhelmets.com (or similar) and the seller there is named José . The guy i know wants approx 900 usd for it. He says it´s an above ground finding. 3 different guys i have spoken to think it is a genuine helmet, but all 3 also recommended me to put it up here for evaluation, 2 of these guys said DougB would be the man to say yes or no and that would be trustworthy So hit me, price is probably overkill, but can´t find a better one near that price and i really want one that is genuine so i am willing to pay that.

Before cleaning pics:

relic ss questionrelic ss questionrelic ss question

After cleaning:

relic ss question

I bought this helmet from the same guy before, also bought from the same site, i know it is impossible to say if the white is real traces of a SS decal or something that has been put there to thrill newbies like me, and i don´t know that site either if their classifieds are as serious as this one on warrelics.

relic ss question

I will take some photos of the other things i have gotten in my collection and post them in the correct threads, for now i will await the final judgement, thank you!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement relic ss question
    P
    Many

?

Close-up shot of the decal is a must.

?

Hm sorry if i hijacked the thread, did not check it properly first, thought it was a sticky so all "is this real" could end up in the same place, feel free to move my post if neccesary! Ok will ask for better and closer pics, havent seen it irl yet, he gives me a 60 day refund guarantee though regarding authenticity.

?

Can you please post a nice non flash shot of the decal up close after cleaning please?