Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

Article about: 3.SS-Panzer-Division Totenkopf

Default Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

Hello
    I dont really have nay experience with helmets and was wondering if any of the experts has an opinion on this helmet?
    Thanks
    Felix
    Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?
    P
    Many

Default re: Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

Bigger pictureRelic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

I think you'd need more than those thumbnails for people to be able to give their opinion...

Sorry thumbnails were a mistake here are larger imagesRelic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?Relic SS single decal M40 helmet: any good?

Looks like the decal isn't applied on top of the pitting, which I'd say is a good thing for starters.... m40? Just trying to apply some basic things that I think I've learnt here, the experts will probably be able to give a lot more info
    Decal maker/authenticity? Maker mark + size and lot nr. would probably be of help as well

I will contact the seller for more info,but thank you

No problem, you'd want to stick around for the more experienced opinions of course but I'd say that close-ups of the decal in natural lighting and if possible photos of the inside showing maker mark and lot number etc. would be of great help (if at all visible) . Seems to be the general rule anyway... good luck!

the helmet looks to be a good relic its just the decal thats the hard part i can't tell if it was applied recently or not parts look new and parts look old the only think would be where it was found to determine wheather the decal could have survived or not

tom

According to the seller the helmet was found at the battle positions of the 3rd ss totenkopf division near Demyansk if that sounds plausible to anyone.

That's just the thing that I've seen with a lot of genuine relic SS helmets.... the decals seems to be preserved really well sometimes, this despite of great amounts of pitting and corrosion throught the rest of the shell.
    What I noted was that the decal doesn't seem to be applied on top of the pitting that is visibly plaguing the rest of the shell... which I think should be seen as a positive

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast