Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers

Article about: Thank you DougB. What province are you in? I go to BC every few years and have a cousin in Alberta (Calgary). Apologies for getting off the thread's original subject. I love that reverse dec

Default Re: Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers

If you have 3 reversed SS helmets then you must have a hell of a lot of helmets! How many do you have total Doug?

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

?

I did not find the traces of the police re-issue. But indeed they are exists. I've show some time ago M 42 ET70 with both decals.
    IMO it is a volunteers helmet
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    If you have 3 reversed SS helmets then you must have a hell of a lot of helmets! How many do you have total Doug?
    I am fortunate to own about 150-160 helmets in total, about half or more are of the SS variety. Many of the SS helmets are published examples. Yes I am nuts but I believe in having a hands on database. I am redoing my war room and when done will post a wide shot of my new "wall o' helmets".

I would post a photo of my old war room but I just switched over to a new computer and haven't brought in my photo library yet from the old laptop.

Sorry Jim I didn't mean to hijack the thread. Back to the subject matter the police decal will almost always be found underneath a field or depot applied CA Pocher helmet with the Party decal on the reverse side and yes the wide belief is it was for foreign volunteers however, it can also be for German nationals who were serving with a police unit in some capacity and then transferred to an SS unit. I do own 1 such helmet, researched to an SS former Polezei officer, Heinecke. So actually I guess I own 4 of these, I had forgot about this one. If you own any of Kellys smaller books the helmet is in all 3 of them.

Doug, I would love to see all of your reverse decal examples! Please post them. Cheers, Jim G.

?

Jim a fine example of a rare helmet thanks for posting it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    Doug, I would love to see all of your reverse decal examples! Please post them. Cheers, Jim G.
    Jim when I get into the new war room I will do that. The shelves are going up next week and great news, I can get 16 helmets per shelf!

?

Looking forward to that Doug !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

I think I can speak for the group when I say that WE can't wait to see them! Reverse decal SS helmets are intriguing, I wish they could speak! Cheers, Jim G.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Jim when I get into the new war room I will do that. The shelves are going up next week and great news, I can get 16 helmets per shelf!
    With that many helmets, especially the majority of them being very saught after and desirable types your house must be built like a fortress

Can't wait to see them also back to the purpose of the thread originally, really nice looking helmet

Thanks for sharing

Danny

I am glad that you all like this helmet. I was lucky to have fallen into this one, as they are terribly rare. I can't wait to see Doug's examples, any one of the SS lids that I have seen from your collection would be the crown jewel of most of ours. Jim G.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast