MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers

Article about: Thank you DougB. What province are you in? I go to BC every few years and have a cousin in Alberta (Calgary). Apologies for getting off the thread's original subject. I love that reverse dec

Default Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers

EF 62 former double decal Combat Police, with the original EF style Party Shield and a Pocher SS shield applied over the Police Eagle, and reissued, probably to foreign volunteers such as the Ukrainians. Used and abused, the Party Shield may have been intentionally de-nazified, but a real one. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers   Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers  

Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers   Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers  

Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers   Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers  

Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers
    P
    Many

Default Re: Reverse Double Decal SS Foreign Volunteers

nice, thanks for showing it, gotta love the lightning bolts.

Very nice a M42 dd SS are not seen very often.

?

Gentlemen this is a good learning opportunity in front of you here. Note the helmet manufacture, and decal pattern. M42 SS helmets are never double decal (although I heard of one that popped up at the MAX) as the application of the party decal on SS helmets was disallowed shortly after the M40 model helmet started manufacture.

So forum members, this is a former police helmet, reissued to the Waffen SS with a field applied Pocher decal, typically the only decal you note that is field applied overtop Police decals for the purpose of reissue identification.

This indeed is a rare breed of helmet you are seeing. Thanks for posting Jim.

Quote by DougB View Post
    Gentlemen this is a good learning opportunity in front of you here. Note the helmet manufacture, and decal pattern. M42 SS helmets are never double decal (although I heard of one that popped up at the MAX) as the application of the party decal on SS helmets was disallowed shortly after the M40 model helmet started manufacture.

So forum members, this is a former police helmet, reissued to the Waffen SS with a field applied Pocher decal, typically the only decal you note that is field applied overtop Police decals for the purpose of reissue identification.

This indeed is a rare breed of helmet you are seeing. Thanks for posting Jim.
    Some great info,thank you teacher.

ww2fotos
    ?

Doug - Approx. how much is this helmet worth - in this condition - retail. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know. Thanks in advance.

This is a spectacular helmet. I doubt any of you will ever seen one like this in your life.

?

Quote by cricketchris1944 View Post
    Some great info,thank you teacher.
    Happy to assist! Seriously fakers love to take advantage of guys and do these up, knowing what to look for sets them back.

?

Quote by ww2fotos View Post
    Doug - Approx. how much is this helmet worth - in this condition - retail. I am sure I am not the only one who would like to know. Thanks in advance.
    As with any helmet or collectible for that matter, it depends on condition, rarity, provenance, and desirability. A reversed runic SS DD helmet is very rare therefore highly desirable. It also depends on what a collector is willing to pay or a seller is willing to sell for, so I find price matters highly subjective. I wouldn't be surprised to see this helmet in the 4-5 k range and wouldn't be surprised to see it higher, or lower, it just depends what is motivating a seller or buyer that particular moment. Sorry for being wishy washy but thats the best I can do!

?

Quote by ObKrieger View Post
    This is a spectacular helmet. I doubt any of you will ever seen one like this in your life.
    True enough, I am fortunate enough to own 3 reversed, one M35 SS, one M40 SS and one M42 SS like this but then I have been called nuts before and I like to have them in the flesh rather than in a book. I know of a handful of them out there in collections, Jim is one of the lucky few to have a real one, emphasis on the word, real.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast