MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

RZM Helmet

Article about: Here is one that isn't often encountered. It is a no decal gray RZM helmet. The original liner is unmarked. The short end of the chinstrap is original, the long end a funky replacement. When

Default RZM Helmet

Here is one that isn't often encountered. It is a no decal gray RZM helmet. The original liner is unmarked. The short end of the chinstrap is original, the long end a funky replacement. When the long end was put on is anyone's guess, but it has been there for a long long time, and since this is how I got it, I left it on. The rear rivet is a replacement, almost certainly post war done, but the 2 front rivets are the correct hollow core type. The RZM and SS stamps are characteristically light strikes. The finish on the inner dome of the piece looks like the original factory finish, and I think it is the so called anodized finish. It was later repainted satin black, and finally the current gray finish. There are scrape marks under the lugs where decals may have been at some point when the helmet was gray, but these were apparently scraped off. Not a mint example, but real. Hope you like it. Jim G.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet   RZM Helmet  

RZM Helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement RZM Helmet
    P
    Many

Default Re: RZM Helmet

I don't collect German steel helmets anymore but I have always wanted one of these and maybe one day I will buy one. Looks good Jim and I assume it was sensibly priced, cool item in any helmet collection, IMO
    Regards,

Jerry

Whatever its just an opinion.

That is indeed something you don´t see everyday. It is a rare beauty. Nice color, too
    [COLOR="#EE82EE"]I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes, I'm out of control, and at times hard to handle. But if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best.
    Marilyn Monroe[/COLOR]

?

Hi Jim, great helmet, ive only seen them in books, but theres no doubt its a true purpose built SS LID

Lovely lovely lovely stuff. I saw one on ebay a few months ago listed simply as a WW1 German Helmet. I had a bid but it went above my budget at the time. I think it only went for a few hundred pounds still though. Delicious stuff still turns up out of the woodwork....

?

Beauty RZM Jim!

?

Jim, an outstanding example you have! I love it!

I'm still searching for my first SS RZM. I'm looking for a black one and i'll even settle for the anodized finish with the original 3 pad liner system. Just lookin at these RZM's drive me crazy! IMO, the RZM's are the best of the best!

regards
    Samir

Super helmet.
    chris

"Cracking lid" as our British buddies say.

Thanks guys and gal. I just learned from a prior owner of this gem that this one was sourced out of the wood work in Austria within the last ten years. It was apparently found in a rural fire house. I was lucky to have fallen in to this one. Cheers, Jim G.

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast