Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

RZM Helmets

Article about: I have been endlessly searching and looking at RZM helmets in different places and in books. I have found that really none of the helmets are consistent with the stampings. I know that these

HelmChick
    ?

Default RZM Helmets

I have been endlessly searching and looking at RZM helmets in different places and in books. I have found that really none of the helmets are consistent with the stampings. I know that these were highly faked and that the stampings should almost be faded on the circles etc.
    But my question is this... is the Z supposed to have the slash through it?

2. # ADS

Default Re: RZM Helmets

Yes, it does. Here is an example
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture RZM Helmets  
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

HelmChick
    ?

Thanks! That is what I was thinking but I wasnt sure when I ran across one that didnt have the slash but it was being said it was original.

Now, if the stamp presses through to the outside, does that mean it was probably post war stamped?

Here is another example, I think. This was the property of a collector in the western US and then sold by a dealer there. I posted the helmet itself on a thread on the SSVT Nachrichtensturmbann.
    Attached Images Attached Images RZM Helmets 

Here are the national escutcheons.

Quote by HelmChick View Post

Now, if the stamp presses through to the outside, does that mean it was probably post war stamped?
    Definitely. The metal was stamped while still in the flat. In order to achieve a good stamping on a formed helmet, a great deal more pressure is required causing the effect you mentioned. I would not touch a helmet that is dimpled where the stamp is.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Here is the SS runes stamp...thanks to a noted collector in the western US for these informative images.

?

Firstly: the helmet must RZM helmet is similar to m 18, but not is the same the helmet is thinner and a bit other in it's shape. If someone would like to press the runes or RZM to the M18- he will just destroy the original shell.

Friedrich-Berthold: that was a nice helmet but unfortunately someone unprofessionally has try to remove the paint. There visible other coats of national shield decals. The early helmets I've seen has sometimes till the 10 layers of the decals- I will look if I can find, the picture of M 35 steelhelmet which was belonged to Das Reich, there was 10 layers of paint and the place where decals applied was like a bulb- over 3 mm higher than the paint on the helmet itself
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

HelmChick
    ?

Thanks guys!
    I asked about the stampings because I know on say an M40 on the outside sometimes you can feel where the serial number is and sometimes see it faintly same with maker marks and it is perfectly ok to see that. (As far as I know)

I dont have a huge book collection and some I tend to just stay away from, but they are not all that informational on the RZMs..

I was also under the impression they were black, didnt know they used greyish/greenish colors on them? Are they all decaled or will you find ones that are not?

Friedrich--I am going to go check out the thread you mentioned!

?

I've seen a couple without decals. And I think when the war beginns all of the helmets was re-issued on the field and was repainted to the feldgrau. But as I can say- the RZM helmets is thinner than a combat helmets due of they was made for parade purposes
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast