Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...

Article about: Is this a proper RZM stamp for a SS helmet, and would an SS helmet be stamped in this manner. Brian

Default Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...

Is this a proper RZM stamp for a SS helmet, and would an SS helmet be stamped in this manner.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Rzm marking inside an ss helmet... 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...
    P
    Many

ian
    ?

Default Re: Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...

hi Brian ,simple answer to my knowlage no on both questions , but hang on for others ,becouse none of us know everything cheers ian

I forget to mention this is an M27 model helmet.

Brian

ian
    ?

i cant consentraite here cos ive got a ferret biting my ear , did you say an m27
    my god !!!

Yes, an M27 with the 2 studs sticking out of each side, and with the good edges.

Brian

ian
    ?

pics /pics /oh sod off damn ferret /pics

ian
    ?

i kid you not he realy is biting my ears

More pics.

Brian
    Attached Images Attached Images Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet...  Rzm marking inside an ss helmet... 

Are there SS runes in a circle stamp on the other side? The SS had the so called RZM helmets in the mid '30's. They can be identified by a number of characteristics, including the RZM stamp like the one in the picture of this helmet on the apron over the wearer's right ear and the SS runic stamp over the left ear. The stamps are universally lightly struck, lack some detail on the tops and bottoms, and are positioned a little behind the chin strap rings on the liner band. Some of these helmets were decaled , and some were not decaled. They could be gun metal blue, anodized grey, or black in color. Late in the war, some of the helmets that were not melted down were reissued to the Luftschutz with the standard Luftschutz decal affixed to the front. Kelly Hicks has 2 for sale on his site now, SS STEEL, and it would be worth it to check the site out for good pictures of real examples if you don't have access to a good reference book.
    The shell of an RZM helmet is similar, but not identical to the M18. The front liner rivet holes are positioned higher and nearer to the lugs, the lugs do not have large washers on the inside of the shell like the M18 and M16 predecessors. The steel used was not as good as that used in the WWI combat shells and a distinct wave in the steel is often seen on the shell. The liners were M26 and other cheap commercial types. The liners were affixed to the shells with hollow core rivets, not split rivets. The RZM was abandoned when the M35 was developed. Real RZM helmets are quite rare and will cost a pretty penny!. Jim G.

ian
    ?

sorry Brian i realy think its a bad one ,decal wise ,the lid itself ? i am not sure of the paint , cheers ian

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 4 5 LastLast