Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Second SS helmet fake or original

Article about: Hello.. second helmet I found which I thought was genuine.. what do you think ?

?

Default Second SS helmet fake or original

Hello.. second helmet I found which I thought was genuine.. what do you think ?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Second SS helmet fake or original  
    Attached Images Attached Images Second SS helmet fake or original  Second SS helmet fake or original 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Second SS helmet fake or original
    P
    Many

Good one. At least the decal is good. It is an original liner but from these pics I can't see if it is original to the piece. Jim G.

Agree. Even with poor pics....a real ET decal is just "right in your face".

Nice spot guys! It's good to have you all around, a pretty expensive mistake to make purchasing a fake SS helmet! Thanks for all the hard work. Best regards

Brian

Hi, that is a textbook ET SS M40 helmet .(although don't believe everything written in a book!!) That's the one to go for. Leon.

Marky

May I offer some advice ? I suspect if you want this one, it's going to cost you thousands. Either before buying, request more pictures sent & pics of better quality of the entire helmet inside & out. If the seller will not do so, try to get a 3-4 day money back promise at least. No reason the seller can't agree to that IMO. Then you can photograph & post here for an analysis.

Not saying I suspect any "Red flags"....but this is not an $800 Luft M40

Quote by real steel View Post
    Marky

May I offer some advice ? I suspect if you want this one, it's going to cost you thousands. Either before buying, request more pictures sent & pics of better quality of the entire helmet inside & out. If the seller will not do so, try to get a 3-4 day money back promise at least. No reason the seller can't agree to that IMO. Then you can photograph & post here for an analysis.

Not saying I suspect any "Red flags"....but this is not an $800 Luft M40
    Rock solid advice !

?

Yey.. A original one, finally. Thanks for all the replies chaps. All advice is welcomed and very much appreciated. I have asked for more detailed photos and still waiting for replies. The seller has added it to an auction which ends on the 31st so if I win it I will update everyone and add further photos if not supplied beforehand.

Again, thank you everyone. I most likely would of wasted thousands of £'s if wasn't for the advice and expertise given.

Most auctions have no money back guarantee plus you pay on top of the hammer price.
    So be careful.

Good Luck with it. You have worked very hard to find a real one, you did your research, took your time, showed an example or two for opinions. You did it right. So I hope it is the one you always wanted !!

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast