Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

sleeper 66 m40 ET

Article about: For the enjoyment of all. An ss pot recovered from a building in Berlin in late 1945. And acquired by myself in 2011 . The chin strap has a combat repair . one of the pins has been replaced

Default sleeper SS M40 ET

sleeper 66 m40 ETsleeper 66 m40 ETsleeper 66 m40 ET
    For the enjoyment of all.
    An ss pot recovered from a building in Berlin in late 1945.
    And acquired by myself in 2011 .
    The chin strap has a combat repair .
    one of the pins has been replaced with a non regulation item .
    I will try and add more pictures

Regards
    Lufty Lufty Lufty
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sleeper 66 m40 ET  
    Last edited by luftyluftylufty; 07-10-2017 at 01:41 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement sleeper 66 m40 ET
    P
    Many

ET Runes are the best !!

Very nice.

Looks good , but deserves better pics.

MAP
    ?

Like the repair job. And lots of decal

I really need a nice m40 SS...
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Mr. lufty.
    Not for nothing, but this helmet from what I can see would have been a very interesting item for discussion if your pics were better. Maybe some of us could have come to a conclusion why the split pin was replaced, "battle damage", KIA helmet, etc.etc. The chinstrap repair with detailed pics would have made for an interesting discussion possibly for a few of us.
    From what I can see...I would be proud having this one on my shelf. But with these pics, I Would not buy this helmet unless better pics were sent to me

Default more images 2

=
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture sleeper 66 m40 ET   sleeper 66 m40 ET  

sleeper 66 m40 ET   sleeper 66 m40 ET  

sleeper 66 m40 ET  
    Last edited by luftyluftylufty; 07-11-2017 at 03:06 PM. Reason: more images 2

Nice it is. Lot# 178 it looks like, & the earlier darker, lightly textured paint probably came out in 1941. So had a few years of wear in the field. Overall wear inside & out is matching so this is what I call "A well balanced helmet". Love it !!

Hi, just seen this, a very nice ET SS M40, a real combat vet and nice field repairs. Thanks for showing it. Leon.