Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

a SS cammo - opinions please?

Article about: I realise it is hard to form an opinion based on such very small images, but I haven't seen this sort of cammo pattern. Am I out of touch or does it look believable? Liner looks unbelievably

Default a SS cammo - opinions please?

I realise it is hard to form an opinion based on such very small images, but I haven't seen this sort of cammo pattern.
    Am I out of touch or does it look believable?
    Liner looks unbelievably unworn .....

Thanks, Dan
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture a SS cammo - opinions please?   a SS cammo - opinions please?  

Attached Images Attached Images a SS cammo - opinions please?  a SS cammo - opinions please? 

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement a SS cammo - opinions please?
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: a SS cammo - opinions please?

It seems to have fair and honest wer to the paint.....do you think that the decal was painted around or dug out?

- - Updated - -

Not sure about SS though.....double decal Heer???

Looks like a kids paintjob thats been half stripped from the outside of the lid. Your riht the liner doesnt match the outside, closeups would be needed to see properly but looks artificially aged from here. Wouldnt touch it Dan

Cheers
    Jason

- - Updated - -

Just saw your comment Tony, if its an M35 the chinstrap bales are wrong, unless its a relined reissue.

Hi Jason & Tony,
    Thanks for the comments guys - this is from the same guy that I got the M42 from that's on it's way here. I could have bought this one but I played safe and got the other. The seller did say it was a reissued liner but I was after a one-looker and the M42 was the safe bet. Money is too hard to come by to make a stuff up ........
    Dan

?

Jason your right! I missed that.....but the chances of it being mucked with are high! I still reckon the paint looks about right, but there are a lot of questions with it......decals for me are too hard to determine with any degree of confidence on my part wether it was an SS....I suppose you could look at lot numbers to see wether it would fit into the SS range!!!
    Congrats on the other lid!

Good point Tony, check the lot numbers against known SS lids, may give you an answer on good or bad. Still er on the side of caution on this one though

?

The decal is tough on this one. Theres hardly any decal left for an evaluation. IMO, this one needs a hands on inspection and just maybe it can be determined if the decal is a real SS decal or an SS decal to begin with. As far as the camo you need someone who knows camos, someone that is highly experienced to determine if the camo is period or not.

Samir

Sold for 370 Euros - a bargain if it was genuine, a kick in the guts if it wasn't!!!

?

I think you did well by passing, these photos did not fill me with any degree of confidence in its originality.