Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS ckl M42 SD opinions

Article about: I have requested more photographs, as these are not so clear. Until I receive them, does anybody have any initial thoughts about this one? It appears to have the "champagne form decal&q

?

Default SS ckl M42 SD opinions

I have requested more photographs, as these are not so clear. Until I receive them, does anybody have any initial thoughts about this one? It appears to have the "champagne form decal" that would be correct to about half of the ckl M42's if I'm not mistaken, but is it any good...?

Regards,

Carl
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS ckl M42 SD opinions   SS ckl M42 SD opinions  

SS ckl M42 SD opinions   SS ckl M42 SD opinions  

SS ckl M42 SD opinions   SS ckl M42 SD opinions  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS ckl M42 SD opinions
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS ckl M42 SD opinions

wow now thats gotta hurt
    i think this decal is refered to as the broken glass one (its a fake) because it looks like broken glass im sure doug explained about it before ill have to find a link for you

tom

?

Thanks Tom, that would be great. I can probably call off the chase at an early stage then haha!

Regards,

Carl

here you go carl i made a mistake its called crushed glass not broken
    https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/steel...cal-ss-104312/

tom

?

Im not all that convinced on the type of damage, to me it looks like a pick axe has created some of the holes

Quote by davejb View Post
    Im not all that convinced on the type of damage, to me it looks like a pick axe has created some of the holes
    you never know dave the russians did charge with pickaxes and god knows what else
    but i don't think it really matters to much as its a bad helmet anyway

tom

It is certainly a fake decal.

Sorry Tom. Not the crushed glass fake. Go back and look again, especially at the link you posted. The decal on this lid is a so called "second pattern " runes. The crushed glass fake is a (again, so called) 1st pattern runic as made by the Pocher decal company. Look at the runes. These two decals are two different designs.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Quote by Adrian Stevenson View Post
    It is certainly a fake decal.

Sorry Tom. Not the crushed glass fake. Go back and look again, especially at the link you posted. The decal on this lid is a so called "second pattern " runes. The crushed glass fake is a (again, so called) 1st pattern runic as made by the Pocher decal company. Look at the runes. These two decals are two different designs.

Cheers, Ade.
    ahhh thanks ade some more good reference material the germans shore tried to make it hard for collectors in the future
    thanks again
    tom

?

Thanks for the link Tom. This one won't be adorning any shelves in the near future...

Regards,

Carl

I agree with my friends' posts, it is unfortunately a fake decal.