Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!

Article about: There is an ss cover on ebay uk sitting at an amazing 323 uk£s bid ,and it looks as clean as my repro ss cover,AND JUST LIKE IT.once again i exspect ageing ,the odd hole ,and moth hole, and

Default SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!

There is an ss cover on ebay uk sitting at an amazing 323 uk£s bid ,and it looks as clean as my repro ss cover,AND JUST LIKE IT.once again i exspect ageing ,the odd hole ,and moth hole, and tears on the rims, and cloth which is washed out by the weathers it was in,but no its as clean as my repro.TELL ME ITS NOT A REPRO GUYS FOR THE POOR GUY WHO IS ABOUT TO SPEND SO MUCH ON IT?LV.PS sorry for shouting again.(220664925855)

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!

I know nothing about SS helmet covers but here are the photo's for when the link dies.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!   SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!  

SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!   SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!  

SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!   SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!  

My opinion is that its a copy, but I am not that knowledgeable about such items. The cammo (oakleaf B?) does not match others I have seen or the small piece I own and the construction looks a bit loose to me and again does not match examples I have seen. Hopefully I am wrong and someone is not spending thier money on a copy.

Jerry

?

The camo looks like a plane tree 5/6 and this was made postwar from a zeltbahn or a reproduction zelt perhaps.
    Need to see the closeups of the clips.
    Real ones of these fetch $6000 for a beaten up one. This one is not real.

i don't like it either. It looks like a modified and aged up S&M wholesale reproduction

?

I'm not a fan of this Tarnbezug either. Without seeing a close up of the material, it's impossible to tell if it was made from a cut up Plaintree 5/6 zelt, a sin punishable by death, in my opinion, or SM made. The stitching looks a bit too shoddy for SM so I'm guessing there is one less plaintree zelt in the world.

For reference here is my late war oak Tarnbezug.

Sepp
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS COVER AT 323£S LOOKS LIKE MY 20 £S ss REPRO!!!  

[QUOTE=Sepp;187142]I'm not a fan of this Tarnbezug either. Without seeing a close up of the material, it's impossible to tell if it was made from a cut up Plaintree 5/6 zelt, a sin punishable by death, in my opinion, or SM made. The stitching looks a bit too shoddy for SM so I'm guessing there is one less plaintree zelt in the world.

For reference here is my late war oak Tarnbezug.

ah you are right mate. I just thought that it looked like a repro sm cover at first glance. But i am still learning!

Im sorry im actually hearing most opinions so far being negative,i really pity the poor guy if hes not getting the genuine item.maybe still there will be some in favour of it being genuine?lv.

?

Las Vegas,

How much is that abomination selling for?? I think the goping rate for a post war made tarnbezug from original cloth is between 400. & $600. (US). Yes, there is a market for them but you are right, it is being advertised as original pre Mai 1945. Someone is going to think they have a nice desirable plaintree cover when all they have is a put together.

Sepp

"You can lead a horse to water, but......"
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast