Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

SS DD Thoughts?

Article about: Just picked this up with a pile of other stuff. All the stuff looks good to me but I have never had one of these before so fake is my natural default position. Thanks, Doug

Default SS DD Thoughts?

Just picked this up with a pile of other stuff. All the stuff looks good to me but I have never had one of these before so fake is my natural default position. Thanks, Doug
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS DD Thoughts?   SS DD Thoughts?  

SS DD Thoughts?   SS DD Thoughts?  

SS DD Thoughts?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS DD Thoughts?
    P
    Many

Looks interesting , I am on the ipad so I will need to look again on my pc later on.

Hi , I have been "craning"my neck a bit looking at these decals. My instinct says fake as the lot number for a Q66 DN269 suggests either single decal SS or single decal Luftwaffe, either way the party shield would not be present(but as we know,lot numbers are not a certainty , just another guide) Leon. EDIT: A good POCHER over the "original" toned rune!!
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 09-02-2013 at 09:42 PM.

would a person in the SS put his rank as obgefriter.?!

Quote by harryamb2 View Post
    would a person in the SS put his rank as obgefriter.?!
    Good point Harry!..

Also I would note that this is not a QUIST runic decal as the runes do not finish below the sharp shield break. I think they are trying to be POCHER decals but i'm not convinced , the party shield looks especially suspect to me as it has quite "soft looking" breaks to the shield? Leon. EDIT: good POCHER runic decal and a possible QUIST party shield.
    Last edited by FALLSCHIRMJAGER; 09-02-2013 at 09:55 PM.

?

I like what I see. Appears to be a Pocher sitting on top of another SS decal, what looks to be a toned "Q" pattern. Try n take straight on shots of the SS decal.

Now this may be interesting!!! Looking closely at a "blow up" of the runic decal it looks like there may be a "toned" decal underneath!! This may well have been a single decal Q SS helmet (as I mentioned on the earlier post about lot numbers)that somebody thought they would "wisely???" upgrade!! What do you chaps think? Leon.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS DD Thoughts?  

You beat me to the "magnifiying glass" SSamir!! Leon

?

Leon, in my opinion it was always a double decal SS (judging by the lot number). I'm guessing when the Pocher rune decal was applied, the party shield may have still been good, and there was no need for a new one, but that's just a guess.

SS DD Thoughts?

Page 1 of 7 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast