Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS Decal, good or bad?

Article about: Hi guys , what do you think on this one , some bits i like , but other ereas worry me , this is the only pic i have so what do you decal experts think , cheers Raymond(click on the pic to en

Default SS Decal, good or bad?

Hi guys , what do you think on this one , some bits i like , but other ereas worry me , this is the only pic i have so what do you decal experts think , cheers Raymond(click on the pic to enlarge )
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Decal, good or bad?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Decal, good or bad?
    P
    Many

Default re: SS Decal, good or bad?

C'mon guys 23 views so far and no replies c'mon tell me what ya think ,cheers Raymond

Morning Ray
    Hard to tell from just that photo.

It looks as though its been blow torched. The bottoms too round and the runes do not look in proportion.

Better photos are needed to say yay or nay

?

Hi Raymond as John says it's difficult to tell from this photo although it does look round at the bottom, the top left of the decal seems to show more than the rest , what does it look like close up ? Any hint of metallic content there or not ?
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Jan
    ?

looking REAL close at it seems like theres something odd about it, canĀ“t explain but from an archeologist point of view it just doesnt look right... Pease send a better pic. The rust at the area of the decal looks strange...

Rgds jan

Hi Raymond, it does not look great to me. If offered, I would pass on it.

Cheers, Ade.

Default Re: SS Decal, good or bad?

Awesome guys , thanks for your input.
    I had missgiveings about a few points as well , the round bottom put me off , yet iv seen rounded decals as well that were classed as good , the right side of the decal seems to have a kink in it where the curve meets the strate edge , seemed strange .
    I dont have any other pics , this lid was listed on ebay , but they pulled it , i was lucky to get this close up sent to me before it was taken off .
    Anyway ill pass on it , many thanks guys , Cheers Raymond

schnellmann
    ?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    I had missgiveings about a few points as well , the round bottom put me off , yet iv seen rounded decals as well that were classed as good , the right side of the decal seems to have a kink in it where the curve meets the strate edge , seemed strange .
    I dont have any other pics , this lid was listed on ebay , but they pulled it , i was lucky to get this close up sent to me before it was taken off .
    If you are wondering why fleabay pulled it I will tell you. I had a helmet listed on fleabay. They ASSUMED there was a Hakenkreuz on the other side, so they pulled it. What a bunch of freakin' idiots at fleabay. For future reference if anybody wants to sell a helmet on fleabay show BOTH sides of it... (If there is a Hakenkreuz on the other side show a helmet with a plain side)

?

Quote by ironcross1 View Post
    Probably wise Raymond , i'm with Ade i'd be walking away from this one.
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

Quote by Paul E View Post
    Probably wise Raymond , i'm with Ade i'd be walking away from this one.
    Im a walking mate cheers Raymond