Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Choose the SS Pocher decal that is real.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet 1

4 6.45%
  • Helmet 2

5 8.06%
  • Helmet 3

34 54.84%
  • Helmet 4

8 12.90%
  • I have no bloody idea.

11 17.74%
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

SS Decal quiz

Article about: Alright, I'm pleased with that Looking forward to the ET quiz Doug.

Default Re: SS Decal quiz

100 views yet only 13 votes in over 6 hours?? I've seen helmet threads here have a dozen answers in an hour, mostly from helmet collectors, yet strangely no one reallly seems to want to put their balls on the block for this little quiz....What's up guys, are you worried you'll get it wrong??

C'mon chaps, votes AND reasons why you chose a particular decal would prove enlightening to all here, 'Helmet Dogs' or not.....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Decal quiz
    P
    Many

Good quiz, Doug. This is where we can get caught with our pants down
    - and how so many collectors get stuck with fakes which they think
    are original and have paid big money for - It's a toughie.........

I chose #3 because the wear on the decal matched the lid.
    Regards,

Steve.

I keep coming back to look and I think I'm changing from 2 to 3. The subtle border of the runes on a Pocher is there by the look of it. 1 Looks like an airfix transfer, and on 4 the bright white base material under the pulver and ink puts me off.

The only one I would risk my balls on would be decal 3. The wear appears period, rune border is visible, and the veining I have seen before on other Pocher SS decals.

Corey

?

I chose 3 because of the crazing in the decal also the slightly less sharp edges to the runes, but without extreme close ups its hard to see the edges of the composition, so i'm hoping i'm not talking out of my rear orifice

I did not think that three was it, because the decal/helmet looks like it got beat by a chain for "wear" on the helmet and decal..
    I also did not like it because the bottom of the decal has some age to it.. Wouldnt the whole decal have the same tone to it??
    yes the decal looks VERY good, with the boarder, but the fakes these days are "off set printed" and have boarders too, as well
    as when the runes are rubbed down, and boarder theres pulver under them too..
    I liked two because it too has the pulver under the right rune edge..
    I by no way am an expert either.. But thats my take.. LOL

Here we go....Answers and reasoning,... Makes for an interesting thread, good work fella's!
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

I put in number 5 - I have no bloody idea - because there is nothing wrong with simply not knowing and saying so! I will say this, its better than guessing if you were spending real money and then getting advice. The fakes here have fooled very advanced collectors I will say, this quiz is no cake walk! Love to read thus far, keep em coming gentlemen. I will fill everyone in tomorrow!

I agree, having a number 5 is a good idea. I think I will add a #5 on my next quiz.

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I agree, having a number 5 is a good idea. I think I will add a #5 on my next quiz.
    I HAD to go No 5 as well! This is why I will ALWAYS leave anything other than a relic to the big boys - I'm too chicken***t to take a risk!
    Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast