Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Choose the SS Pocher decal that is real.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet 1

4 6.45%
  • Helmet 2

5 8.06%
  • Helmet 3

34 54.84%
  • Helmet 4

8 12.90%
  • I have no bloody idea.

11 17.74%
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast

SS Decal quiz

Article about: Alright, I'm pleased with that Looking forward to the ET quiz Doug.

?

Default Re: SS Decal quiz

I'm almost 100% sure that this decal is the twin of number 2, just look at the lines of both runes, the twin IMO.

SS Decal quiz

Decal number 3 caught me at first glance, but the scuffs and wear had me concerned, so I took another look at number 2, and i'm almost certain, number 2 is the good one.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Decal quiz
    P
    Many

The border on the runes is faint but visible on number 2 if you click on the image. What initially concerned me about decal 2 was the edges on the left rune and the interior edges of the black border. They just look crooked to me. But on decal 3...I noticed the pulver has various shades of yellow...which makes it look artificial. I'm really questioning both of them, I don't know for sure which is good. I have to change my answer to 'I have no bloody idea'.

Corey

Quote by SSamir View Post
    I'm almost 100% sure that this decal is the twin of number 2, just look at the lines of both runes, the twin IMO.

SS Decal quiz

Decal number 3 caught me at first glance, but the scuffs and wear had me concerned, so I took another look at number 2, and i'm almost certain, number 2 is the good one.
    SSamir,

EXACTLY why I voted number two.. Number three just looks TOO GOOD.. Like it was beat with a chain to add usage to the lid/decal..
    Anyways if it were done in combat, and after all these years where the decal is missing pieces from the "wear", my question is wheres the rust at??
    Its like brand new under the decal, and paint on lid in spots..

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    The border on the runes is faint but visible on number 2 if you click on the image. What initially concerned me about decal 2 was the edges on the left rune. They just look crooked to me. But on decal 3...I noticed the pulver has various shades of yellow...which makes it look artificial. I'm really questioning both of them, I don't know for sure which is good. I have to change my answer to 'I have no bloody idea'.

Corey
    Corey,

Like I posted earlier.. theres aging (yellowing) on the bottom of the decal.. theres NONE on the top...
    The whole decal would be yellowed, not just one part..

?

This is why I always say "never sleep on SS decals", and tonight I broke my own rule n got caught with decal number 3. I was too confident I guess until I went back to number 2 and noticed the pulver and unique lines of the first rune which I over looked. Hope we have more of these quizes in the future. Good training for our eyes.

?

The border on the runes is faint but visible on number 2 if you click on the image. What initially concerned me about decal 2 was the edges on the left rune and the interior edges of the black border. They just look crooked to me. But on decal 3...I noticed the pulver has various shades of yellow...which makes it look artificial. I'm really questioning both of them, I don't know for sure which is good. I have to change my answer to 'I have no bloody idea'.

Corey
    Corey, I hear what your saying brother, but I have seen those unique lines of this particular Pocher before, and I'm almost 100% sure its a good one.

Decal number 3 is very convincing at first glance, but the overall look of the decal is just not convincing. Its an excellent copy imo, and one of the best copies i've seen, but just not 100% convincing. I wish I can have both these decals under the scope.

Corey, I hear what your saying brother, but I have seen those unique lines of this particular Pocher before, and I'm almost 100% sure its a good one.

Decal number 3 is very convincing at first glance, but the overall look of the decal is just not convincing. Its an excellent copy imo, and one of the best copies i've seen, but just not 100% convincing. I wish I can have both these decals under the scope.
    If Decal 3 is bad it had me fooled. It isn't necessarily because of the decal itself, but because the wear on and around it. I knew before SS decals were tricky, but this quiz has made me realize how much more advanced the SS fakes are compared to the Heer, Luftwaffe, etc decals. Once Doug is done laughing at us, I'm interested to see what he says.

Regards,
    Corey

?

Corey, look very closely at decal number 3. You will noticed the runes dont have clean lines. They have that "saw tooth" effect. Just look closely and u should be able to spot them. The most visible one is on the first rune where the rune breaks in the middle, there u should be able to see it.

?

If Decal 3 is bad it had me fooled. It isn't necessarily because of the decal itself, but because the wear on and around it. I knew before SS decals were tricky, but this quiz has made me realize how much more advanced the SS fakes are compared to the Heer, Luftwaffe, etc decals. Once Doug is done laughing at us, I'm interested to see what he says.

Regards,
    Corey
    LOL! Corey, I couldn't agree more! You know Doug's azzz is laughing at us right now, but its all good!

Corey, look very closely at decal number 3. You will noticed the runes dont have clean lines. They have that "saw tooth" effect. Just look closely and u should be able to spot them. The most visible one is on the first rune where the rune breaks in the middle, there u should be able to see it.
    I can't tell if that is on the actual decal, or is just the pixels on my monitor. I know what you mean, but I would need a way better closeup to see it.

Corey

Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 ... LastLast