Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

View Poll Results: Choose the SS Pocher decal that is real.

Voters
62. You may not vote on this poll
  • Helmet 1

4 6.45%
  • Helmet 2

5 8.06%
  • Helmet 3

34 54.84%
  • Helmet 4

8 12.90%
  • I have no bloody idea.

11 17.74%
Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast

SS Decal quiz

Article about: Alright, I'm pleased with that Looking forward to the ET quiz Doug.

Default Re: SS Decal quiz

Doug, I have seen even you have trouble on a few SS decals that have been posted on the forum, even the ones with descent pictures. You would say that you needed an in-hand examination to verify their authenticity. This tells me that there are some fake SS decals out there that are ridiculously deceiving, and therefore near impossible to authenticate from mere pictures. Are there fakes that are so good that even you can't tell if they are original unless you use a microscope? If so...none of the ET decals you will be posting are of that quality are they?

I know when the big reveal comes tomorrow, some of you will be saying that you got the right answer, but in reality you didn't, you just guessed and happened to get lucky lol (and yes, I am talking about myself here)

Regards,
    Corey

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Decal quiz
    P
    Many

?

I can vouch for Doug's knowledge. He has spotted bad decals that the best in this game couldn't.

?

Quote by cgp1066 View Post
    I know when the big reveal comes tomorrow, some of you will be saying that you got the right answer, but in reality you didn't, you just guessed and happened to get lucky lol (and yes, I am talking about myself here)

Regards,
    Corey
    Not I Corey. I honestly believe number 2 to be the one. Its the closest to the real deal I can think of, but we'll have to wait n see tomorrow.

Regards
    Samir

I'm torn between 2 and 3....

Regards,
    Corey
    Not I either..
    I have just went with all I have learned from all the people here...
    Im telling you it was a good one..

ok this is the way i looked at it. decal one looks like its been placed over a older ding. decal two has a bad break and boarders from what i can see, but its placed on a black hemet 50/50 on this one. decal 4 has a bad bottom border. decal 3 looks good allround but thats the best i can do. the last quiz i got very wrong.

I hate to be the one to say this, but I think 23 people were just guessing on this quiz. If the fakes are really this good, example being the ET decals that are 100% graphically correct, how can one successfully identify them! Is there some secret red flag to look for, or does it just take experience?

Corey
    What Doug said about the 5 second look strikes a chord with me. Guessing? Yes sir! But, as an analogy, when the pulver on no.3 is fine more like talc and the pulver on no.1 is more like building sand, I'm going with 3. That's got nowt to do with 'graphically correct', it's to do with structure.

Another point I liked as well was, for want of better words, the 'silvering' just visible beneath the edges of the decal. In quality scale model kits, this can be seen on the edges of decals and is best trimmed off with scissors, it's like a clear base that the remaining 'parts' of the decal are layered on, and is something that doesn't seem to occur on fake Pocher decals often, but always seems to on correct ones. This I believe can be seen most noticably on the top horizontal line of the shield and the left vertical side, something I've noticed before on originals shown here.

That's why I chose no.3. A guess indeed, but if only one is correct, and working on that gut '5 second' deal that's the one for me! It looks 'righter' to me than the others, and that's without staring at the bloody things for hours.....If I'm wrong I don't care too much, as to me, "it's only a game show, it's only a game show..."
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

?

Good morning gents,

I've been up all night and morning looking at both decals and I must say, If I was buying one of these helmets and I had to go by pics, I would pass on both. Helmets like these two I would need a loupe or a USB scope to determine which is good and which is bad. One of them is an excellent copy, but I will stick to decal number two for now, and if decal number 3 does turn out to be good, I wouldn't be surprised.

Regards
    Samir

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Good morning gents,

I've been up all night and morning looking at both decals ............

Relax Samir, you will make yourself ill.

?

Quote by relicz View Post
    Relax Samir, you will make yourself ill.
    Your right, I just hate to be wrong. Make me feel like all that hard work for nothing, but if someone was purchasing one of these helmets, and asked for advice here on the forum, I wouldn't pick any unless I had both under the scope.

Regards
    Samir

Page 7 of 10 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 LastLast