Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS decals - what type are these?

Article about: Thank you very much youssouf for your generosity in sharing the fine pics of your wonderful helm. It was very nice of you to do that. I hope you continue to do well. Thank you again.

Youssouf
    ?

Default SS decals - what type are these?

Hello, can anybody (with experinece) be of help with these decals? They are from 2 helmets an M40 DD en a M42. What maker are they from? Many thanks!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS decals - what type are these?   SS decals - what type are these?  

SS decals - what type are these?   SS decals - what type are these?  

SS decals - what type are these?  
    Last edited by Youssouf; 07-01-2010 at 03:37 PM.

2. # ADS

?

Default Re: SS decals - what type are these?

some faker manufacturer would be my immediate opinion

Youssouf
    ?

Thanks, I allways respect the opinion of a fellow collector. Will you please be so kind as to write (perhaps with pictures with your helmets or decals) what is wrong about the decals? I thank you in advance.

Hi youssouf check out this web-site, plenty of original ss helmets to compare with SS_Steel_home Jay.

Quote by Youssouf View Post
    Hello, can anybody (with experinece) be of help with these decals? They are from 2 helmets an M40 double decal en a M42. What maker are they from? Many thanks!!
    The top 4 are fakes , the bottom one has a chance and I'd like to see better pictures of the entire helmet and decal and know the maker and lotnumber which are stamped into the shell. I'd venture its an ET/ckl stamped shell. Or EF.

?

at a glance the party shield shows improper construction, as if it was done in one layer and produced without thought to layering.As the decal is nicked or worn, usually you will see the white base behind all the other colors. The base color will shine through, not just the helmet color beneath it. I mean to say, that was the first thing that caught my eye. You will notice this in the SS decals as well, except they have the silver foil under the black areas.When chipped or disturbed, you will have a chance of seeing the foil edges,and not just the paint beneath.That is what I noticed immediately on the first 4. As most say, look at Kelly Hick's site.

first four is bad as previously noted,and i like the last one,,i think this one has a chance of being good,,,

Quote by militarymania View Post
    first four is bad as previously noted,and i like the last one,,i think this one has a chance of being good,,,
    i 100% agree with all of that.

?

The top 4 for sure are fake. The bottom one has a chance but better photo is needed. The best SS helmet reference on the web is on GHW. Kellys site has some great lids however (I own several of them in the reference section hee hee...)
    Doug

Youssouf
    ?

I really like to thank you all for the information given, especially about the layering of the decals. Also the link to the website of Kelly Hicks was a good one! I did correspond with him and he is a nice guy. Here I give you more pictures of the second SS decal, this one is from my own M42 helmet. This helmet just recently came from a monastry in Middelburg (The Netherlands) and was never before in a collection. 100% untouched..
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS decals - what type are these?   SS decals - what type are these?  

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast