Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?

Article about: To me, no SS helmet is real until clear close-up shots of the decals are provided; if these are the only photos you have, then you are gambling! Try n get close-up shots—or let it go! Samir

Default SS Div. Nord DD battle damage helmet - authentic?

Hello.

This one is in a Finnish net auction. The seller is from Lapland, where SS Div. Nord fought in.

Is it authentic? I have no close ups of the decals, but based on just these, do you think it stands any chance?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?   SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?  

SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?   SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?  

SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?  
    Last edited by Finnlander; 02-14-2014 at 09:30 PM.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Div. Nord battle damage helmet - authentic?
    P
    Many

?

I'm sure you gonna be asked to post some straight up pictures from both decals.

it been heaverly played about withbut it stands a chance imo.but if every one else says ok don't pay to much for it.

With THAT much pitting and still with THAT much of a decal??? - sorry, for me it stands a snowballs chance in Hades!
    ......and I'm sure I can see airbrush work as well.

Dan
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

I too have my suspicions about it. I don't know much about decals anyway, because I've mostly collected decal-less ones.

One thing, which hit my eye, was that the SS decal is near perfect condition, though the area around it has lots of pitting..

Hi , this looks a complete fabrication to me , the bottom of the runic shield appears much to pointed/angled to be any pattern of original decal to me. It just looks like somebody got a relic lid , put some fake decals on it then threw it on the bonfire for a couple of minutes, cleaned and polished it then added the liner remains. Leon.

That is a shame. It's a nice battle damaged relic...

?

To me it have a big chance to be original, seems the helmet has been dropped somwhere in the area where the ground is stones and it just lie all the time on the surface ground
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

Hi Dimas , well if this is a good one the closest decal would be a Quist for me as the runes appears to end below the break , but as I said earlier the bottom of the shield looks much to angled/pointed from here. Finnlander , is there any way of getting good straight on images of the decals? I would have thought anyone selling this "IF" it were original would want to promote it's "attributes"! Also ask the auction house for the manufacturer and lot number if possible. Leon.

The seller has in description ''No additional photos'', which might refer to the fact that you need to pay for a better membership there, to post more pics, or that he is reluctant to take more pics...

Anyways I sent him a message asking for close ups of decals.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast