Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

SS doble decal REAL or FAKE??

Article about: Hi all!! just a quick question: This helmet looks like a real one or a copy? thankssss!!

Default SS doble decal REAL or FAKE??

Hi all!! just a quick question:
    This helmet looks like a real one or a copy?
    thankssss!!

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS doble decal REAL or FAKE??
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS doble decal REAL or FAKE??

No good - the decals are most definitely bad, and the shell looks like a repro as well. I do not like the vent bushings. I would steer clear of this one. Jim G.

Thanksss helmet2id!
    Do you know if is there any book, web site, or manual, who can help me for identificate the original decals, and original german helmets??
    I have some knowledge, but many times I have doubts, and have not found any book or website that can help me in this sort of thing, any idea??
    Thanks!

There are a number of terrific reference books. For SS helmets only, the Kelly Hicks "SS Steel" (second edition) is a must. The bible, "The History of the German Steel Helmet," by Ludwig Baer, is about 20 years old, and has some dated information, but has a good historical focus. The very best over all reference book however, for new collectors especially, is by Ken Niewiarowicz, titled "Germany's Combat Helmets, 1933-1945". Ken's book should be your first purchase, and you should study it before wading into the minefield of collecting German helmets. Good luck, Jim G.

Quote by helmet2id View Post
    No good - the decals are most definitely bad, and the shell looks like a repro as well. I do not like the vent bushings. I would steer clear of this one. Jim G.
    And it definitely looks like the decals have been 'worked over' by the
    noticeable wear to the surrounding area. Not for me..........
    Regards,

Steve.

Its a bad one. Somebody have "flammed" the Decals.
    Regards

Quote by williamsong View Post
    Thanksss helmet2id!
    Do you know if is there any book, web site, or manual, who can help me for identificate the original decals, and original german helmets??
    I have some knowledge, but many times I have doubts, and have not found any book or website that can help me in this sort of thing, any idea??
    Thanks!
    It takes a couple of years studying originals before you will develop a good eye , in fact it starts with recognizing the other details of what makes a helmet real first. Like paint , liner , chinstrap. And in this case even the shell ! So you have a long way to go. And be prepared to have 10.000$ lying around that you can deposit in a heart beat...

?

Beware of what seems too good to be true as well.