Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion

Article about: Here is a black double decal SS helmet I ran across that some consider a fake but they will not tell me why. I would like a "second opinon" Does it appear to be a fake and can you

?

Default SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion

Here is a black double decal SS helmet I ran across that some consider a fake but they will not tell me why. I would like a "second opinon"
    Does it appear to be a fake and can you give me a reason to believe it might be?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion   SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion  

SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion   SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion  

SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion   SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS Double Decal Black Helmet ..Opinion

The helmet is indeed a fake. The decals are incorrect in diamentions. You will know the chinstrap is fake too of course.

This is an M40. Black painted SS helmets, other than WW1 styles, tend to be M35 only. Never seen an M40 that I can recall?

Cheers, Ade.

i would also add that the chinstrap is the wrong type and the paint on the underside of the helmet seems in excellent shape when compared to the weathering of the exterior,,,BOGUS

?

The bad late war helmet, cannot be double decal, even a most part of them was without decals at all. The black helmets was discontinued in 1940 year
    Regards,
    Dimas

my Skype: warrelics

?

Thanks guys. The fellow also has an SS tunic and some other items I would like to share pictures of but will post that in the appropriate sections.

You guys save me a fortune by the way..!!!!!!!