Become our sponsor and display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

SS Double Decal Helmet

Article about: Guys some outstanding advice on the back of long experience is currently being given out on many of the threads in the Helmet forum Without wanting to be negative and put people of giving an

Default Re: SS Double Decal Helmet

Believe the item, NOT the story...

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement
    P
    Many

Not keen on the decals on this one. Better close ups of the decals would be good.

Lovely looking helmet with a great story.The only concern is that the decals are a bigger distance from the vent holes than usual,lv

Can you post sharp close-ups of the decal and share the maker and lot number of the helmet.

interesting that this one seems so real yet your one from the shed still had the price tag on it

jerryswallow
    ?

l am now trying to post better pics..tring to figure out how, as l have stated no one knows anything on this helmet, thats why l asked here, the luftwaffe helmet i know about, just posted to see if its worth keeping, and what type it is, l know about that, this ss helmet no one knows anything, as for a price tage mentioned by someone here, please dont assume, ask me, it was a tag string l had used to write info on it, as l was planning on selling this along with other things at a yard sale..so i,ll post the best decal pics l can, thanks..

your quite correct on assumptions however sadly so many people post fakes with malicious profituos intentions it kind of becomes second nature

I look forwards to seeing better close up pics.

?

Quote by LAS VEGAS View Post
    Lovely looking helmet with a great story.The only concern is that the decals are a bigger distance from the vent holes than usual,lv
    Your kidding right? What story? He says it is found in his uncles shed and his uncle doesnt know a thing about it. He also repeats that nobody knows a darn thing about the helmet later in the thread. The photos are a blurry out of focus poorly lit mess, and you say it is a lovely helmet?

There is much wrong with this helmet beyond the decal positioning.

1. A Q with this lot number is not this color paint unless reissued which this does not appear to be. In fact this looks more like an aged Luftwaffe blue than a roughly 37 dated pea green Q that it should be by the lotnr.
    2. A reissue typically would not be a double decal unless an early factory reissue.
    3. Not the correct decal for a factory Q.
    4. Not a typically correct party decal for a reissue Q. In fact the party decal appears to be a fake as well but too blurry to make a 100% determination.
    5. Pocher decal has a round bottom from these pics and appears to be a clear cut fake but again blurry pics.
    6. Pocher decals typically do not turn gold or bronze because they do not have much for copper content in them. Pre 1940 ETs and champagne decals will bronze but not to a gold color.
    7. Gold colors on SS decals is typically aged this way due to lacquer toning. There appears to be no lacquer on this decal.
    8. This is the classic toning of a certain breed of fake Pocher which graphically this appears to mirror closer than a real Pocher.
    9. Finally assuming it is reissue grey (again, back to the lousy photos) where are the original factory decals underneath these ones?

Sorry but until provided with clear head on non flash glare photos the helmet in the shed is not a real SS double decal Q, and there is no corresponding story to be heard either I am afraid.

Las Vegas you should read the thread and look much closer at the photos, even blurry ones, before offering an opinion of originality to a potential seller who can point to this thread and say, "Look, these guys said it was a lovely - ergo real - double decal SS helmet." Do your homework and be thourough please.
    Last edited by DougB; 08-08-2010 at 04:40 PM.

?

Quote by jerryswallow View Post
    l am now trying to post better pics..tring to figure out how, as l have stated no one knows anything on this helmet, thats why l asked here, the luftwaffe helmet i know about, just posted to see if its worth keeping, and what type it is, l know about that, this ss helmet no one knows anything, as for a price tage mentioned by someone here, please dont assume, ask me, it was a tag string l had used to write info on it, as l was planning on selling this along with other things at a yard sale..so i,ll post the best decal pics l can, thanks..
    Turn your camera to macro (little flower) stand about 4 feet away and do not use a flash but outdoor overcast light. Try to sharpen the image and crop it down and post it the same way you posted the other photos.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast