Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast

Ss dutch helmet

Article about: This was found out of a house not long ago. Was just wanting to get some thoughts. Need some expert advise. Posting from cell phone sorry i tried on the photos

Schwerpunkt knows a bit about these if i remember, but 99.9% of the decals you see are fakes.
    The Dutch NSKK was under a luftwaffee group so you will mostly see them with Luftwaffe helmets.
    Here is the photo from the book, and another one which was deemed a fake on a few forums.
    Ss  dutch helmet
    Ss  dutch helmet

Some better outside close up pictures of the decal would be great.
    Morris

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss  dutch helmet
    P
    Many

Same pic I was sent this morning. Might be the only photo of these guys known.

As far as OP helmet, the decal has a somewhat convincing look of age, wear, application IMO. The one posted above, don't think I would look twice at it.

Thanks for posting

?

Ill post some more pictures today ( better ones). I appreciate everyones help and surprised I havent had people say much about it. Hard to compare i suppose when This is basically the only one

MAP
    ?

Most people are not commenting exactly because there is little to compare to. Much better than having many uninformed comments . (I know I kept my mouth shut Lol )
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Sadly I can't help with the helmet, but I found this picture of a Dutch NSKK volunteer who is wearing a Wolfsangel (Wolfs Hook) sleeve insignia.
    This shows the Wolfsangel was worn by the Dutch volunteers. I'm posting because who knows it might be of help in any way.

Regards, Rik

P.s. photocredit to weaponsandwarfare.com.
    Attached Images Attached Images Ss  dutch helmet 

M38
    ?

Quote by real steel View Post
    Finally found an example of this in the Maertz/Goodapple book volume 2 from 1983 page 130. Described by Bill as M40 DD Dutch NSKK. Also looks to be a Q M40 as the OP helmet is. How he arrived at this description, being NSKK, not sure. Calls it a "Wolfs Hook" shield. Be great if M38 (Terry) would add to this thread since he co-authored the book. Will PM him tomorrow & maybe Jim G. might have a clue if he sees this thread. So for now until more info is obtained, that's where we stand.
    I don't feel qualified to give an opinion on the helmet posted here in this thread as I honestly have never seen a real one of these or held one in my hands. From these pictures provided, it does appear to have the requisite age and wear but you can only tell so much from a photo so that doesn't mean much.

I will say that I have reason to believe the helmet example like this posted in volume II of my book is not real. Bill owned 2 of these exactly alike and provided photos for the book. I had never seen another at the time.

Not a lot of help, but that's all I can offer really.

Cheers,
    Terry

?

Here are more pictures
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss  dutch helmet   Ss  dutch helmet  

Ss  dutch helmet   Ss  dutch helmet  

Ss  dutch helmet  

?

Quote by Dschop View Post
    Sadly I can't help with the helmet, but I found this picture of a Dutch NSKK volunteer who is wearing a Wolfsangel (Wolfs Hook) sleeve insignia.
    This shows the Wolfsangel was worn by the Dutch volunteers. I'm posting because who knows it might be of help in any way.

Regards, Rik

P.s. photocredit to weaponsandwarfare.com.
    The wolfsangel was the main insignia of any of the Dutch nazi simpathysing forces. It is widely known.

It was the insignia of the Weerafdeling, which, this is also the logo of. Theres also very rare uniforms and caps out there of the dutch Germanic SS that carried a Wolfsangel on the cap and uniform instead of an eagle and swastika.

?

Thank you Gimmie, I am wel aware of the use of the Wolfsangel etc.
    It was just a bit of extra info for Fubarr, to show the Wolfsangel was also used on the NSKK uniforms.

Regards, Rik

If this is an original shield it would in my opinion need to be magnified by a USB microscope and checked to see if there are similarities in printing technique as compared to other period TR decals. They all share the same traits.
    That would be step 1.
    Step 2 would be to find another original example but I have never seen one I believe in so far.
    I had one under the microscope a few years ago from a friend of mine but we agreed it was not original.

One thing I spot is a Rear marked Q with lot nr DN511 which puts it after the decal application lots. Now as this is a local decal it may not have the same importance. It does mean this helmet came out of the factory without a decal.

Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 ... LastLast