Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2

Article about: Remember this one chaps ???? Posted December time. Well I finally got a refund... I had to pay return postage, to send back an item that was sold as original, but by the response I got from

Default SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2

SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2Remember this one chaps ???? Posted December time.

Well I finally got a refund... I had to pay return postage, to send back an item that was sold as original, but by the response I got from my previous listing obviously was'nt.

I did not reveal where I purchased the Helmet as I thought it could jeopardise any hope of getting my money back,and could end up in a lenghty battle through the Small Claims Courts..etc etc !!

However... The Dealer was UK Militaria of Nottingham, who may I add strongly disagreed with me returning the Helmet and stating it was fake, even though I forwarded on an e-mail from Kelly Hicks stating this.
    I sent Regimentals 2 e-mails, enclosing pictures of the Helmet to enquire if they would be interested in purchasing, as they are always advertising that they would buy part or full collections... for some reason they did'nt even respond. It's not as though they don't have my e-mail address, I ALWAYS RECEIVE E-MAILS TELLING ME THAT THEIR WEB-SITE HAS JUST BEEN UPDATED.
    UK Militaria also trade under the name of UKM Sales... both are located at the same address. SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS Fake Helmet Decal No:2

Hi Ya, I remember this one well! Glad you got your money back. I have had problems with them in the past also, this dealer is a disaster and I find it difficult to believe that they don't know that they are selling fakes. They have been discussed many times on this forum and on other forums but I see that they still advertise on our forum from time to time.
    Cheers
    Andy
    Last edited by BLONDI; 02-06-2011 at 05:25 PM.

Blondie .... It really makes my blood boil, they declare themselves the so called experts, they are prepared to issue a Certificate of Authenticity knowing full well the item is fake... I wonder how many other people have items in their collections, thinking they are unique, but really some devious so called Militaria Expert has fleeced them of their cash.
    I have sold / part exchanged a Rare Engraved Red Cross Leaders Dagger to a well established UK Dealer, only to find out, it had been stripped down and some of the parts added to another Red Cross Leaders, then being sold by one of the other well known UK Dealers.... Suddenly 2 Engraved Red Cross Daggers for the price of one.

?

I am happy for you.
    The bitter disappointment of discovering that an item you have paid a large sum for ,or any sum for that matter, is a fake has few comparisons.
    The realization of a breach of trust makes you feel terrible.
    I am glad you staid on "UK Militaria of Nottingham's" tail end and got a refund shows that you will not be trifled with.
    Way to go.
    SteveR

?

I bought a pickelhaube from these people a number if years ago. I collect Third Reich so Imperial Militaria was new to me. I received damming reports from a number of well respected individuals who pointed out why it was fake. I contacted the dealer (and I use this term loosely) and expressed my concerns. Any other dealer would tell you that if you have any doubts at all send it back) not this guy. He ignored me for weeks. I phoned them and heard him tell staff "tell him I'm not here" . Even his staff members told me that he isn't good at refunding. Eventually, I told him that I was going to take legal action. He eventually refunded my money but was exceptionally rude and patronizing. It makes me laugh that they offer such great discounts on their sites but they drastically over inflate their prices to compensate. "Buyer, don't bother"

Quote by BLONDI View Post
    Hi Ya, I remember this one well! Glad you got your money back. I have had problems with them in the past also, this dealer is a disaster and I find it difficult to believe that they don't know that they are selling fakes. They have been discussed many times on this forum and on other forums but I see that they still advertise on our forum from time to time.
    Cheers
    Andy
    Hi Andy, if their advert pops up it's nothing to do with this site. I think it just comes up randomly thru google ads.
    I too have bought a item from these guys which turned out to be fake and couldn't get my money back so I gave up and sold it on as a reproduction. They're total sharks. Avoid their sites like the plauge!!!
    Jay

Well chaps, thanks for all the advice given to me when I first listed this Helmet, I was not ignoring any of the criticisms I was receiving, I was throwing caution to the wind before I contacted UK Militaria and stated that I had been told that it was a fake. Mr Beal reaction was to totally disagree and to reply back with the following E-Mail

Hello

If you ask 100 "experts" you will get 100 opinions. We purchased the helmet as the real deal ourselves, and believe it to be so.

We offer a refund upto 7 days after its arrival with the customer. Allowing for Christmas, if you wish to return it this week, please do so.

After this time, we as a business need to re-invest our money in other stock. If you should have definitive proof in several months time time that it is no correct, we would offer a credit note against the helmet against out stock. This is beyond our terms and conditions, but Nazi militaria is not easy. I can not think of any dealer who would offer a lifetime cash refund in todays market.

If you have any more questions, please email.

Andrew.

No Doubt this Helmet will re-appear at some time in the future... Keep your eyes out !!

I would buy it for a cheap price just because I think it's hilarious. : )

?

Quote by Stevade View Post
    Well chaps, thanks for all the advice given to me when I first listed this Helmet, I was not ignoring any of the criticisms I was receiving, I was throwing caution to the wind before I contacted UK Militaria and stated that I had been told that it was a fake. Mr Beal reaction was to totally disagree and to reply back with the following E-Mail

Hello

If you ask 100 "experts" you will get 100 opinions. We purchased the helmet as the real deal ourselves, and believe it to be so.

We offer a refund upto 7 days after its arrival with the customer. Allowing for Christmas, if you wish to return it this week, please do so.

After this time, we as a business need to re-invest our money in other stock. If you should have definitive proof in several months time time that it is no correct, we would offer a credit note against the helmet against out stock. This is beyond our terms and conditions, but Nazi militaria is not easy. I can not think of any dealer who would offer a lifetime cash refund in todays market.

If you have any more questions, please email.

Andrew.

No Doubt this Helmet will re-appear at some time in the future... Keep your eyes out !!
    This helmet has been circulating within the UK for at least ten years so far , i believe there may be at least one other like it !!
    The gates of hell were opened and we accepted the invitation to enter" 26/880 Lance Sgt, Edward Dyke. 26th Bn Northumberland Fusiliers , ( 3rd Tyneside Irish )

1st July 1916

Thought shall be the harder , heart the keener,
    Courage the greater as our strength faileth.
    Here lies our leader ,in the dust of his greatness.
    Who leaves him now , be damned forever.
    We who are old now shall not leave this Battle,
    But lie at his feet , in the dust with our leader

House Carles at the Battle of Hastings

?

Please keep the thread on the topic of the SS2 helmet thanks. I have deleted all non-related posts.
    Thank you,
    Doug

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast