Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS foreign volunteer relic helmet

Article about: I’m by no means a expert in ss decals and being a relic I find it more challenging, it I have a odd feeling about it, it looks like the decal was put over pitting What do you guys think? The

Default SS foreign volunteer relic helmet

I’m by no means a expert in ss decals and being a relic I find it more challenging, it I have a odd feeling about it, it looks like the decal was put over pitting What do you guys think? Their asking 650 for it SS foreign volunteer relic helmetSS foreign volunteer relic helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS foreign volunteer relic helmet
    P
    Many

?

yeah I'd walk away from this one

Had the same feeling it looks like a aged decal trying to spruce up a relic

I would pass on this one.

?

I am in no position to authenticate anything SS related, but I do see pitting as well. Not just the decal but I think that I also see pitting else where on the helmet.

It’s a relic helmet so it was dug up but I was saying you can see pitting under the decal

MAP
    ?

My eyes aren't as good as you guys (and the low rez photo / condition of the decal doesn't help as well) but I don't see pitting under the decal. I see a decal applied over a rough textured paint and maybe a few burst rust bubbles.

That said, this is trying to be a Pocher decal but I'm leaning towards it being a fake. Might be the ubiquitous "round bottom". But a lot is worn away for my eyes (and decal experience) to really provide much insight.

The helmet isn't in that bad of shape for a "relic". So maybe not ground dug. If the inside is in similar condition to the outside, I'm sure we can make out the maker and lot #. Can the seller provide this?

Hopefully David, Frank, Jim, Leon and some others will be around to discuss the decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

He said it’s a hkp64 lot #2733 and the pitting I see is under the SS runes but that could just be the pictures he provided

MAP
    ?

SE/HKP and NS did not produce factory SS helmets. Just EF, Q and ET. That said this is what you are calling a foreign volunteer given the reverse decal set up. I have no experience on when decals were applied on these (field?)

Further this helmets lot # is smack in the range of decaled Heer and Luft.

Best wait for the true decal experts but I still don't think it's a legit decal.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I second that

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast