Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Ss helmet

Article about: Guys, here is a helmet that passed through my hands many years ago. Thought you'd like to have a look; Just as a reference.. Best, Hal

Hal
    ?

Default Ss helmet

Guys, here is a helmet that passed through my hands many years ago. Thought you'd like to have a look; Just as a reference.. Best, Hal
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Ss helmet   Ss helmet  

Ss helmet  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement Ss helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: Ss helmet

Looks to be a sweet a$$ EF shell with an EF pattern decal, any shots in color to confirm the authenticity? Thats something I would love to have in my collection! The writing in the interior is the icing on the cake for me!

hal as usual from yourself top shelf item!

?

Looks like a super SS EF as Samir said, with SS Panzer personalization from the GvB SS PzGr Division! Very cool! Where is it now Hal?
    Cheers
    Doug

Hal
    ?

Thanks Ewan and Samir for your comments. These pics were taken (80's) with a Nikon F3 film camera using Plus X pan (BW) film. There are no color pics available... Best, Hal

Hal
    ?

Quote by DougB View Post
    Looks like a super SS EF as Samir said, with SS Panzer personalization from the GvB SS PzGr Division! Very cool! Where is it now Hal?
    Cheers
    Doug
    Hi Doug, this helmet was purchased from a veteran of the 56th Sig. Bn.. As to where it is now.....I wish I knew.... Best, Hal

?

Doug, what's "SS-Schtz"? I always come across that word, but couldn't figure out what its short or stood for.

Quote by SSamir View Post
    what's "SS-Schtz"? I always come across that word, but couldn't figure out what its short or stood for.
    It is his rank: SS Schütze. Equates to a Private in the US Army. They also used the rank of SS Mann for Private. The use of Schütze was for the Waffen SS.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

?

Hi Adrian, I am familiar with SS Schütze, but not SS-Schtz, had no idea they were the same. Thanks for clearing that up.

Just an abbreviation, like 'Gef' for Gefreiter.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast