Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Helmet

Article about: I'm pretty new to this forum and should mention I know pretty much nothing about German militaria. That being said I thought I would share some pictures of my Grandpa's helmet. My Grandpa wa

Default Re: SS Helmet

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Agreed. Looks more like a ckl shell. Decal looks promising. Decal is everything in with SS helmets. Best to take straight on clear shots in macro mode if you want a more positive evaluation.
    SSamir

The guys grandfather brought it back from the ETO, what more provanance does it need ??? were they faking them in 1945 ????

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

?

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    SSamir

The guys grandfather brought it back from the ETO, what more provanance does it need ??? were they faking them in 1945 ????
    Interesting you say that. I have seen lots of fake SS helmets come with the same story. One thing I learned about SS helmets is "buy the helmet, not the story". Now i'm not saying the OP is lying, or every "grandfather" story is BS, but its a common line the fakers use. I have a guy here in NYC who burnt tons of members here with the same "grandfather" stories, so you have to be extra cautious, especially with SS helmets.

Agreed. Looks more like a ckl shell. Decal looks promising. Decal is everything in with SS helmets. Best to take straight on clear shots in macro mode if you want a more positive evaluation.
    Thanks for the comment. I'm not looking to get it evaluated nor am I asking if it's real. I know it's authentic and that is all that matters.

?

Quote by 99CepekZ View Post
    Thanks for the comment. I'm not looking to get it evaluated nor am I asking if it's real. I know it's authentic and that is all that matters.
    I understand. Thanks for sharing.

Interesting you say that. I have seen lots of fake SS helmets come with the same story. One thing I learned about SS helmets is "buy the helmet, not the story". Now i'm not saying the OP is lying, or every "grandfather" story is BS, but its a common line the fakers use. I have a guy here in NYC who burnt tons of members here with the same "grandfather" stories, so you have to be extra cautious, especially with SS helmets.
    I understand that mind set if I were trying to sell you the helmet and was a low life piece of scum. However I am not, I am merely wanting to show other people like myself who have a interest in history a helmet my grandfather brought back from the war.

Quote by Walkwolf View Post
    Lol - will you and your brother saw it in half down the middle,
    or length-wise from the top - and who gets the half
    with the decal ?

A really great helmet, thanks for posting.........!
    LOL, interesting point. I have no idea, as long as one of us has it I don't care.

Oh yeah i agree, you are quite right !! But this guy stated its been in his family from the moment his grandpa stepped off the ship back home. he has stated hes not trying to sell it, be a differant kettle of fish then completey, but you are right, always have to be cautious with SS stuff

Off to bed, its late Gute Nacht

One final word, if my grandfather had brought that back i would be chuffed to bits!!!! Unfortunately our guys were not allowed to but that’s another story! He did bring back a few nice things, including a nice flag, but my mother and uncle decided to tie it to a raft when they were kids and it sank in a lake and its still there to this day i believe !

Quote by Totenhead View Post
    One final word, if my grandfather had brought that back i would be chuffed to bits!!!! Unfortunately our guys were not allowed to but that’s another story! He did bring back a few nice things, including a nice flag, but my mother and uncle decided to tie it to a raft when they were kids and it sank in a lake and its still there to this day i believe !
    I know that feeling, my grandpa had brought back a parachute from some of the supply drops during the battle of the buldge. In the late 50's my grandma made halloween costumes for my mom and her siblings out of the parachute. At least I got some pieces of the costume lol.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast