Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet

Article about: The SS decal is truly appalling !!

G43
    ?

Default SS helmet

What I have here appears to me to be a German produced shell that has been post war repainted with fake decals. The liner has what look like German markings but the liner looks Norwegian. Thoughts?

SS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmetSS helmet

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet
    P
    Many

?

Default Re: SS helmet

Certainly looks like a Norwegian reissue, the SS runes look unlike those I have seen SS decals on this forum, going by the edging on the shield looks like a post war water slide type

Hi,you are quite right, a Norwegian re-paint with fake SS decal,not a chance with this one i'm afraid, Leon.

Agree all the way with both of the guys above. Norwegian repaint/reissue and then been painted black with water slide SS decals added. Would have been better if it stayed Norwegian.

Jason

G43
    ?

Thank you all. I thought the same thing, I wish the helmet was in original condition! I suspect the green paint on the inside may be the original color/paint.

Brass domed rivets give the game away - definitely Norwegian!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

This one gives me the chills as mentions Norwegian reissue with fake decal and paint

Quote by G43 View Post
    Thank you all. I thought the same thing, I wish the helmet was in original condition! I suspect the green paint on the inside may be the original color/paint.
    I think the paint on the inside is the Norwegian re-issue paint, looks like there's traces of the actual original German paint in places where the Norwegian re-issue paint has worn off -- sad to see, another one of these for the bin.

Can't disagree with anyone here, this helmet is a stinker!

just a note.dont dismiss water slide decals I foud out that they were around prewar time.somthing learned.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast