Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast

SS Helmet

Article about: Leon it's a difficult one to spot. The Pocher runes have no internal 1mm border indicative of correct early Pochers, note the flare on the inside tip of the right rune, and the print/ink. Gr

Quote by Jerry B View Post
    It would have been very cool if it has been an SS version of one of these.
    If it Had been, I'm sure it would be on a wall in Canada somewhere about now anyway...
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

That is pretty awesome actually, I had to look a few times. Half the time I look at it now, it still looks legit....

Let me guess...you guys were all set to start debating on what kind of a decal it has...? lol
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."

Definatly Ompa loompa Nazi's 1942 , Choclate factory division

Will to me it still looks like an honest Pocher The world has gone mad I tell you.

?

Interesting. Someone emailed me regarding this helmet just the other day. I dubbed it a bad one. Not sure if the OP is the same gentleman.

?

My hamster would look cute in this helmet.

?

Quote by SSamir View Post
    Interesting. Someone emailed me regarding this helmet just the other day. I dubbed it a bad one. Not sure if the OP is the same gentleman.
    You didn't know this was a miniature? The liner is the dead giveaway. Don't you have an M34 SD Thalestale or Edelstahl in your collection?

?

Quote by DougB View Post
    You didn't know this was a miniature? The liner is the dead giveaway. Don't you have an M34 SD Thalestale or Edelstahl in your collection?
    I took a quick look at it, did look suspicious, but either way I knew it wasn't a good one.

?

Quote by Wagriff View Post
    If it Had been, I'm sure it would be on a wall in Canada somewhere about now anyway...
    Here is a real example of a Thale/Edelstahl on the wall. There is a also very rare SD variant decal version of this with a wider decal, that one is named to an SD Officer and fully researched that I own. These are widely photographed in use by the SD. This is the more typical liner version than Bob's actually.

And Bob, may I ask what provenance does that one have of yours? I have serious concerns over both decals to be honest with you. THe party decal in particular certainly resembles a known high end Italian fake. The position of the hakenkreuz in relation to the circle, the red printed overtop the black border and the decal (and runic) decal are applied over much scratching. That wide crazing on the Party Decal is the kiss of death. The Pocher also is out of sorts I am afraid.

I have a black M34 SS with decals which I think are from the same decal "family". It has been published even. And its a fake as well, fooled the best but new knowledge has uncovered it for what it is, sadly. It was being explained as an early prototype, which they are not.

Attachment 583701

Attachment 583702

Attachment 583703

Attachment 583704

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 6 LastLast