MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

SS Helmet

Article about: Looks good from here, is it a size 62?

?

Default SS Helmet

Hello everybody,
    I would like more information about that helmet i found last year in a warehouse near Paris, France.
    I almost didntSS Helmet touched it, i just removed some rust near the chinstrap to make appear the number.
    A value is also welcome as im not a collector of war stuff and i plan to sell it in te future.
    Thank you in advance.

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet
    P
    Many

Prepare yourself for lots of private messages.
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

Hi there ,welcome to the forum, well it looks to be a good ET decal from here , but as ever a really nice close up would be good. You do find ET decals on EF M42 helmets so I think you may be onto a winner! Doug may very well tell me I'm wrong though so wait for his opinion! Leon.

A decal close up would be nice but I agree with Leon. Can you read the lot number at the back of the skirt? If good the value is in the multiple thousands of dollars certainly, good find.

The old "helmet in a Paris warehouse" eh? ....... stranger things have happened I guess.
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

Thank you for sharing your opinions. Here a close up of the decal. The lot number is 21XX, im not able to figure out both last figures.SS Helmet

As Ned, Leon & Andy have inferred - hold onto your hat, and say hello to your new best friends!
    " I'm putting off procrastination until next week "

?

With the lot number, can we know when it was manufactured and how tall was the guy with a liner size 55 ?

Definitely going to profit from this one iapsi! As for the mans height, it would be very hard to determine this from just a head size of 55cm, but he probably wasn't a big guy (I'm 5'8", head size 56, to put it in perspective)

?

Textbook ET pattern decal.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast