Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

SS Helmet at Auction

Article about: A friend sent me an email about an auction next week in North Carolina. Lots of Civil War and Third Reich stuff. What do you guys think about this helmet? I'm just curious, I have no money f

Default Re: SS Helmet at Auction

like i said, more over the pond for some reason, maybe we are all tight fisted over here

2. # ADS

Default Re: SS Helmet at Auction

A good Q decal on a Q shell, factory applied.
    Value is always subjective, I am in agreement with Schwerpunkt on value, however I would not be in the least bit surprised to see it sell for $6-6500 either, and at an auction buyers frenzy could push it over 7 according to a collector I know who attends this auction house frequently and tells me that happens there on rare pieces quite often.
    It is rather surprising to me to see an authentic SS Q in such collectible condition be sold at an auction, the seller either feels they will maximize thier investment this way or perhaps doesn't want to be bothered selling via a traditional method.
    On some dealer sites this helmet would be listed for over 7k and would probably sell sooner or later at this price as well...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12