Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS Helmet Authenticity

Article about: Hello, i have found this helmet for sale at, what i believe to be, a decent price. Wanted to get a 2nd opinion before moving forward and driving up to check the helmet out. Can get more pics

Default SS Helmet Authenticity

Hello, i have found this helmet for sale at, what i believe to be, a decent price. Wanted to get a 2nd opinion before moving forward and driving up to check the helmet out. Can get more pics from the seller if needed, Thanks!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS Helmet Authenticity   SS Helmet Authenticity  

SS Helmet Authenticity   SS Helmet Authenticity  

SS Helmet Authenticity  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS Helmet Authenticity
    P
    Many

MAP
    ?

Sorry to say.....not a good one.

SE/HKP did not produce SS helmets. Only ET, EF and Q produced factory SS helmets. SE/HKP and NS never did.

In a rare case you might see a C.A. Pocher decal (field refurbished). But this isn't a good Pocher. Looks like a round bottom fake to me. Non existent "breaks" on the black border at the bottom of the Runes. And the Runes are too wide as well. You would also expect to see the typical two layer construction of a Pocher.

Helmet appears to be repainted as well. You should see a flatter textured fieldgrau instead of the lighter smooth green (typical with M35's ). And rust is nice and bright red (i.e. all new rust meant to deceive).

That's my opinion. Let's see what others have to say. But I would save the gas money for the trip to see the helmet.

Edit: I will say very nice photos btw. Made analyzing this nice and easy
    Last edited by MAP; 11-17-2018 at 03:20 PM.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

'Round bottom' decal = fake.........
    Regards,

Steve.

It is a fake so that explains the decent price, can I ask what it is selling for ?

MAP has pretty much summed it up I think with his analysis. Also, you'll notice that the edging of the runes is very sharp and straight - on genuine decals when you zoom in close they are slightly irregular.
    Nick

Pocher decal:

SS Helmet Authenticity

?

Quote by MAP View Post
    Sorry to say.....not a good one.

SE/HKP did not produce SS helmets. Only ET, EF and Q produced factor SS helmets. SE/HKP and NS never did.

In a rare case you might see a C.A. Pocher decal (field refurbished). But this isn't a good Pocher. Looks like a round bottom fake to me. Non existent "breaks" on the black border at the bottom of the Runes. And the Runes are too wide as well. You would also expect to see the typical two layer construction of a Pocher.

Helmet appears to be repainted as well. You should see a flatter textured fieldgrau instead of the lighter smooth green (typical with M35's ). And rust is nice and bright red (i.e. all new rust meant to deceive).

That's my opinion. Let's see what others have to say. But I would save the gas money for the trip to see the helmet.

Edit: I will say very nice photos btw. Made analyzing this nice and easy
    Hi MAP.

Hkp = EF.
    Not SE.

But this helmet has not a EF decal.
    This is indeed a round bottom fake.

Quote by KRISSE View Post
    Hi MAP.

Hkp = EF.
    Not SE.

But this helmet has not a EF decal.
    This is indeed a round bottom fake.
    Pretty sure it's SE, at least that's what i've always taken it as. Never heard EF referred to anything other than EF.
    Nick

?

Quote by HoundsTooth View Post
    Pretty sure it's SE, at least that's what i've always taken it as. Never heard EF referred to anything other than EF.
    Nick
    No sorry Nick, that is not correct.

Hkp = EF with typical EF decal
    Ckl = ET with typical ET decal

?

Okay Nick, I stand correct here.
    Looked up again and seems you're right.
    Always linked the hkp to EF helmets as I thought they had EF decals most of the time...
    Don't know how, where and why I went wrong with that...
    Last edited by KRISSE; 11-17-2018 at 03:33 PM.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast