Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet authenticity

Article about: Hello, I just recently bought m42 SS single decal helmets and want to confirm its authenticity. thanks its stamped EF6(8)? and 13??

Default SS helmet authenticity

Hello,
    I just recently bought m42 SS single decal helmet and want to confirm its authenticity. Stamps are EF6(6)? and 13??. Thanks
    SS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticity

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet authenticity
    P
    Many

Hello..
    Just a small advice.. post your items here before you buy!

I hate to say it, but that is not an EF decal, the runes are more like an ET, but even with that said, they appear to be different widths and the shield has an odd "tapering inwards"? Not one that i like personally. Leon.

I know, but I bought it among originals items and I just want to be 100% sure, because I want to sell it.

This is not the expected EF decal, but an ET decal. I believe these were sometimes applied to EF helmets but i'm unsure on authenticity on this one.
    Also can you read the liner stamp? This is located on the outside of the liner band (in between liner and shell) - just behind the broken end of the chin strap.
    And do the pins on the rivets look bent on the inside? It is possible that this aluminium liner is not original to this helmet.
    Nick

Liners stamp is 66hA/58,maybe back pin looks a little bit bend

That is the size, can you see anything on the other side.
    Have a look at some examples here: http://www.german-ww2-helmet.com/432822947

If you can take some photos of the maker and the pins that will help too.
    You can sometimes get a good photo with your mobile phone with flash activated.

Not one I would get excited about, as noted, the proportions look incorrect on the decal. The shell looks to have been painted over light pitting and what with the (original) aluminium liner on a m42 and bent pin/s looks to be a post war put together helmet.

Hope it helps.
    SS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticitySS helmet authenticity

'43 dated WZ liner - so it looks like a good one.
    Decals were dropped from helmets in '43 - question is whether this is a good one or not, which I don't feel I can answer reliably.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast