Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?

Article about: by helmetone This is why my wife knows not to buy any item for me unless I have already told her what to buy and where to buy it, or I just buy it myself and she wraps it for me to open My w

ILH
    ?

Default SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?

Hello,
    Once again, my friend has something he doesn't know enough about.... so i am calling on your greater knowledge and expertise, please:

Bought for him by his wife at a 'real' price, history and provenence unknown,.... is it real or yet another fake?

(Sometimes I wonder if this bloke collects fakes, rather than real )

Thanks, jim.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?   SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?  

SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?   SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?  

SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?   SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?  

SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?  

2. # ADS
    Circuit advertisement SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?
    P
    Many

Default Re: SS helmet, bought by a friend's wife, real or fake?

I'm gonna say a pre-aged Pocher style decal added to a bog standard M42 repaint ( check the chipping around the vent holes )
    Also, the wire clips on the rim are EXACTLY the same as the ones on our kitchen curtains - no wonder the wife liked it!!

Am I learning Doug?
    Cheers, Dan

She really needs to stick to the ironing only........
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

She really paid the price of a small car for this helmet ? I find that hard to believe anyone is that stupid. With all due respect of course...

Quote by big ned View Post
    She really needs to stick to the ironing only........
    What a chauvinistic reply Ned, I had no idea you were like that !
    Prost ! Steve.

ILH
    ?

Thanks guys, just as i suspected

This bloke does baffle me, I've been pointing out his fakes for a few years now, but he still buys more - very occasionally he does get something nice and genuine, but even that is usually by mistake.
    Doesn't help that his eysight has almost gone, but he's a good bloke with a heart of 9ct gold. His missus has a 21ct heart, hence she paid £1500 for it in the hope of making him happy (she's usually the sensible one!!)

Thanks again

Quote by ILH View Post

This bloke does baffle me, I've been pointing out his fakes for a few years now, but he still buys more - very occasionally he does get something nice and genuine, but even that is usually by mistake.
    Doesn't help that his eysight has almost gone, but he's a good bloke with a heart of 9ct gold. His missus has a 21ct heart, hence she paid £1500 for it in the hope of making him happy (she's usually the sensible one!!)

Thanks again
    A real wired SS would cost 4 times that much.

Quote by ILH View Post

Thanks again
    £1500..??? Man, that's a lot of washing powder....
    'I do not think we can hope for any better thing now.
    We shall stick it out to the end, but we are getting weaker of course, and the end cannot be far.
    It seems a pity, but I do not think I can write more. R. SCOTT.
    Last Entry - For God's sake look after our people.'

In memory of Capt. Robert Falcon Scott, Edward Wilson, Henry Bowers, Lawrence Oates and Edgar Evans. South Pole Expedition, 30th March 1912.

This is why my wife knows not to buy any item for me unless I have already told her what to buy and where to buy it, or I just buy it myself and she wraps it for me to open

Ouch Advise him to get some books mate, I hope he can get a refund.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast